These Snowball Pretzel Nuggets are a copycat Auntie Anne’s recipe. This holiday treat is quick and easy to make with Pillsbury refrigerated bread dough.
Last week I posted a recipe for Cinnamon Sugar Soft Pretzel Sticks that were made using frozen bread dough and I didn’t think it could get any easier than than but I was wrong. Today’s recipe for Snowball Pretzel Nuggets is made using refrigerated dough so there is no thawing and raising needed! Now that is easy! These Snowball Pretzel Nuggets are a copycat of the Auntie Anne’s pretzel nuggets that are available during the holiday season.
Cut a loaf of refrigerated bread dough (I used a Pillsbury Crusty French Loaf) into slices and cut each slice in half.
Dip the dough nuggets into mixture of warm water and baking soda.
Bake for 7-9 minutes until golden brown.
Dip the pretzel nuggets into melted butter and place them on a piece of parchment paper.
Sprinkle with powdered sugar.
These are best when eaten right away. If you need to serve them later in the day, sprinkle with powdered sugar right before serving.
- 1 loaf refrigerated bread dough
- 1 cup warm water
- 2 tablespoons baking soda
- ½ stick of melted butter
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- Cut the dough into about 26 slices and cut each slice in half.
- Mix warm water and baking soda.
- Dip dough nuggets into the baking soda water and place on a baking sheet covered with a silicone mat or parchment paper.
- Bake at 425 degrees for 7-9 minutes, until golden brown.
- Dip nuggets in melted butter and place on a piece of parchment paper.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar.
Here are a couple more soft pretzel recipes to try: