This Unicorn Spa Jar is for the girly girls is your life who love all things sparkly and colorful. They can use the fun gift in a jar to have a spa day. These mason jars would be perfect for a girls birthday party! I was planning to share this jar last week with the rest of the mason jar gifts but I ended up getting sick and couldn’t share. But the Unicorn Spa Jar was so cute that I had to share it this week instead.
Disclaimer: Please note that some of the links in this post are affiliate links. There is no additional cost to you, but I will earn a small commission if you purchase through those links. Thank you for your support!
This Unicorn Spa Jar Includes:
- Kerr Quart Mason Jar
- Two Twist Lollipops
- Glitter Hair Clips
- Rainbow Ice Gourmet Gum
- 4 Lip Smackers Lip Glosses
- 3 Unicorn Bath Bombs (recipe below)
- Unicorn Foot Soak (recipe below)
- Unicorn Sugar Scrub (recipe below)
- 8 Mini Unicorn Soaps (recipe below)
To prepare the Kerr quart size mason jar, spray paint the lid with metallic gold spray paint. Then, paint the bottom of the jar and up the sides about half an inch, on the inside of the jar, with Mod Podge and sprinkle with gold glitter.
- First, mix together the first five ingredients.
- Melt the coconut oil in the microwave. Stir in fragrance oil and water. (The amount of water needed will depend on the humidity of your house.)
- Pour the coconut oil mixture over the dry ingredients and stir with a whisk. The mixture should start clumping on the whisk.
- Scoop up some of the mixture and squeeze it in your hand to see if a ball will form. If it does, the bath bomb mixture is ready. If not, spritz the mixture lightly with water, whisk and check again. Continue spritzing and mixing until the mixture is slightly damp and will clump together. Again, this will vary depending on your climate.
- Divide the mixture into four bowls. Color the mixture in three of the bowls with a tiny dab food coloring.
- Sprinkle some edible glitter stars in each of the two halves of the bath bomb mold.
- Spoon some of each color of the bath bomb mixture into each half of the mold and pack it in with your fingers. Add more of the bath bomb mixture, overfilling it and lightly pack with fingers. Then, tightly press the two halves together.
- Carefully remove the mold from the bath bomb. Gently tap the mold if needed.
- Repeat until all of the mixture has been used. I was able to make three small bath bombs.
- Allow the bath bombs to dry uncovered. This will take a minimum of 24 hours.
- Mix together the baking soda, epsom salt, and sprinkles.
- Stir in the fragrance oil and a tiny bit of red food coloring.
- Store in small container.
- Glue on a foot soak label. Download free printable foot soak label here.
- Whisk together the coconut oil and sweet almond oil.
- Whisk in the sugar.
- Stir in fragrance oil.
- Divide the mixture into four small bowls. Color three of the bowls yellow, pink and blue with a tiny dab of food coloring, leaving the remaining bowl white.
- Scoop the four colors of sugar scrub into a small container.
- Glue on a sugar scrub label. Download free printable sugar scrub label here.
- Melt one cube of shea butter soap base in the microwave.
- Stir in a drop (or two) of fragrance oil, a little glitter and one of the soap colors.
- Pour into the soap mold.
- Repeat with the other colors.
- For the last one, melt the shea butter soap, add the fragrance oil and glitter. Pour into the soap mold and then add a few drops of soap colorant and swirl with a toothpick.
- Allow the soap to set and then remove from the molds.
- Use a torch lighter to melt the top of the soap and press butterfly sprinkles into the melted soap.
Slowly add all of the items to the jar, rearranging them so that everything fits.
I cut a narrow strip of thin cardboard from a recycled package and attached the hair clips to it so that they would stay in a nice straight line.
Try to make all of the items visible through the jar so that the recipient can see what’s inside.
Finish off the mason jar gift by adding some gold star garland and a Unicorn Spa Jar label (download the free printable label here). The Unicorn Spa Jar looks so pretty and it makes a wonderful Christmas or birthday gift.
Here are a few more of the mason jar gifts I’ve shared: