Fall is such a great time to get together with family and friends. An autumn party can be held outside without the heat and humidity of summer. You can enjoy the beautiful leaves, have a bonfire and sip hot apple cider. Today I’m excited to share these Buffalo Meatball Pumpkins that are perfect for serving at fall celebrations from harvest parties and football parties to Halloween and Thanksgiving! They have a mild buffalo sauce with a pretzel stem and a parsley leaf.
These delicious Buffalo Meatball Pumpkins start with Daily Chef – Casa Di Bertacchi meatballs. We’ve been using Daily Chef – Casa di Bertacchi meatballs for almost a year now and we love them. These fully cooked, gluten free, Italian style beef meatballs are available at Sam’s Club. There are six pounds of 5/8-ounce meatballs in each bag which is perfect for entertaining.
I used my slow cooker to heat the meatballs. Pour half of the bag into the slow cooker, cover and heat on high for 3 – 3 1/2 hours. You can also prepare them in the oven or on the stovetop.
Once the meatballs are hot, make the buffalo sauce. Melt butter and then stir in buffalo sauce, pumpkin puree and ranch dressing. I made this recipe kid-friendly (less spicy) but you can add more buffalo sauce and less butter if you want it hotter. Pour the sauce over the meatballs and stir to coat.
The buffalo meatballs can be served right out of your slow cooker with the buffalo sauce on them. I wasn’t ready to serve mine yet, so I put the slow cooker cover back on, turned the heat to low and let them sit for another half hour. I stirred them again before serving.
To make the buffalo meatballs look like pumpkins, put them on a tray.
Break the ends off pretzel rods and insert them into the meatballs. Pretzel rods which thick, so I cut a small hole in the top of each meatball before inserting the pretzel. Braided pretzels or pretzel sticks would work as pumpkin stems as well.
Finally, add a green parsley leaf or a piece of cilantro to finish off the pumpkins. Serve with ranch dressing for dipping.Daily Chef – Casa Di Bertacchi meatballs make it super easy to prepare these Buffalo Meatball Pumpkins. They are so much fun to serve at fall parties and look super cute on the serving platter!
Buffalo Meatball PumpkinsPrint Pin Rate
- 2 1/2 pounds Daily Chef - Casa di Bertacchi meatballs about 75
- 38 pretzel rods or other pretzel sticks
- 1 bunch of fresh parsley or cilantro
- 1/3 cup butter
- 1/2 cup buffalo sauce
- 1/4 cup pumpkin puree
- 2 tbsp ranch dressing
- Put the meatballs into the slow cooker, cover and heat on high for 3 – 3 1/2 hours.
- Pour the buffalo sauce (recipe below) over the meatballs and stir to coat.
- To make the buffalo meatballs look like pumpkins, put them on a tray.
- Break the ends off of the pretzel rods and insert them into the meatballs. Cut a small hole in the top of each meatball before inserting the pretzel, if necessary.
- Finish them off with a green parsley leaf.
- Melt the butter and then stir in the buffalo sauce, pumpkin puree and ranch dressing.
Here’s another delicious way to serve Daily Chef – Casa Di Bertacchi meatballs: