This Cheesy Potato Puffs recipe is a great side dish or appetizer. Crunchy cheese crackers coat these delicious puffs of mashed potatoes. Sponsored by Crystal Farms.
When planning dishes for your holiday dinners, who do you mainly have in mind? Adults or Kids? I’ve got to admit that I’m usually thinking about the adults favorite dishes from sweet potato pecan casserole to cranberry salad.
So, I’m excited to share this holiday side dish recipe for Cheesy Potato Puffs that kids will love but will still impress the grown-ups!
Crystal Farms Cheese is a favorite in our house. We almost always have Crystal Farms String Cheese in our fridge.
On the few occasions that I have bought another brand because the store didn’t have the Crystal Farms brand in stock, my family asks me if I can please buy the brand that we usually buy “you know the string cheese in the blue bag” meaning Crystal Farms.
This recipe for Cheesy Potato Puffs stars Crystal Farms Finely Shredded Sharp Cheddar Cheese!
First, make the cheesy mashed potatoes, allow them to cool, scoop into balls, and roll in crushed cheddar crackers for extra cheesy flavor and crunch.
Bake the cheesy potato puffs on a greased baking sheet for 8-10 minutes.
The kids will love the Cheesy Potato Puffs plain and the adults can top them with sour cream and chives. This kid-friendly holiday side dish is sure to be a favorite of kids and adults alike.
These Cheesy Potato Puffs would also be a delicious, savory appetizer!
- 3/4 cup water
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 1/4 cup milk
- 1 cup Crystal Farms Finely Shredded Sharp Cheddar Cheese
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1 1/3 cup instant potato flakes
- 1 egg beaten
- 3/4 cup crushed cheese crackers
- Bring water and butter to a boil.
- Add milk, cheese, salt and garlic. Bring to a boil, stirring often, remove from heat.
- Stir in instant potato flakes.
- Temper the beaten egg by stirring in one tablespoon of the potatoes.
- Stir the egg mixture into the mashed potatoes.
- Put the cheesy mashed potatoes in the fridge and allow them to cool.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Make potato balls with a medium dough scoop (about 1 1/2 tablespoons) for even sized balls (or use a spoon).
- Roll the mashed potato balls in the crushed cheese crackers.
- Bake on a greased baking sheet at 350 degrees, for 8-10 minutes, until puffed and golden
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Crystal Farms. The opinions and text are all mine.