This flavorful Corn Dip recipe is the perfect dish to bring to your next party or backyard barbecue. Serve cold or hot with corn chips or tortilla chips.
This corn dip recipe is a great option all year long. In the summer, you can make it with corn on the cob and serve it cold. And in the winter you can use canned corn and warm it up in the oven.
Corn Dip is one of those potluck recipes that will have everyone asking you for your recipe!
How To Make Corn Dip
For this recipe you can use fresh sweet corn or canned corn. If using fresh sweet corn from corn on the cob, start by cutting the corn off of the cobs.
Should I cook the corn first?
Corn on the cob can be eating raw just like other vegetables. Cooking the corn briefly, aka blanching the corn, will make it more tender.
To blanch the sweet corn that was cut off of the cob, put it in boiling water for 2-3 minutes. Drain the water and rinse the corn under cold water to cool it.
Put sour cream, mayonnaise, garlic salt, and black pepper in a bowl and stir to combine.
How can I make a lighter corn dip?
To make a lighter version of this corn dip recipe swap out the full fat sour cream and mayonnaise for light or fat free versions. Another option is to replace part or all of the sour cream with greek yogurt.
Add shredded cheddar cheese, sweet corn, mexicorn, rotel, diced green chiles, chopped onions, and chopped cilantro.
What else can I add to this dip?
This corn dip recipe is very flexible and can be adapted depending on what you have on hand or your family’s preferences.
- For more heat, add diced jalepenos and add some hot sauce, sriracha sauce, or red pepper flakes.
- Skip the rotel if you don’t want tomatoes in the dip or replace it with diced fresh tomatoes.
- Swap the shredded cheddar cheese with monterey jack or pepper jack.
- If you want more veggies in this dip so that it is more of a salad, try adding diced avocados, shredded cabbage, diced cucumbers, or diced bell peppers.
- For protein, try adding shredded chicken, taco meat, black beans, or crumbed bacon.
Stir to coat the ingredients with the dressing. Then, cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
Can this corn dip be served hot?
Yes this corn dip can be served hot or cold. To warm the corn dip, spread it in a casserole dish and bake it at 350˚F for 30-40 minutes, until hot and bubbly.
Serve the corn dip with corn chips or tortilla chips. It would also be delicious on tacos or in quesadillas!
Can corn dip be made ahead of time?
Yes, you can make corn dip ahead of time. Wrap the bowl with plastic wrap and store in the refrigerator.
If you have leftover corn dip, wrap it with plastic wrap again and return it to the fridge. Or transfer it to an airtight container and store it in the fridge.
Want more corn recipes? Try these next:
This Corn Salad recipe is a creamy combination of fresh sweet corn, colorful peppers, and ripe tomatoes! It is the perfect summer salad for potlucks, picnics, and barbecues.
This spicy Corn and Sausage Chowder recipe with potatoes, cheese, and tomatoes is a hearty soup that is perfect for chilly evenings.
This Corn Salsa recipe is a Chipotle copycat with corn, peppers, onions, and cilantro. It can be eaten with chips or on top of chicken, tacos, or fish!
Wondering how long to boil corn on the cob? We’ve got you covered with this classic boiled corn on the cob recipe. Serve hot with lots of butter and salt.
- 1 cup sour cream
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- ½ teaspoon garlic salt
- ½ teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 ¾ cups fresh sweet corn or use 1 can of corn, drained
- 11 oz can Mexicorn drained
- 10 oz can Rotel drained
- 4 oz can diced green chiles drained
- ¼ cup chopped green onions
- ¼ cup chopped cilantro
- In a medium bowl, mix together the sour cream, mayonnaise, garlic salt, and black pepper.
- Add the shredded cheese, sweet corn, Mexicorn, Rotel, green chiles, green onions, and cilantro. Stir to coat with the dressing.
- To serve cold: Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- To serve hot: Spread in a casserole dish and bake at 350˚F for 30-40 minutes, until hot and bubbly.
- Serve with corn chips or tortilla chips.
Leave a Reply