Try this Gingerbread Man French Toast recipe for Christmas morning or a weekend during the holiday season. Kids will love having gingerbread men for breakfast!
This gingerbread man French toast recipe is something I was planning to make last year but ran out of time during the busy holiday season.
But I couldn’t get them out of my head so I decided to try making it this year and love how it turned out. My daughter told me, “This is SO GOOD! You need to make it again…like right away!”
Disclaimer: This post contains links to products for making this recipe. If you use those links, I may earn a commission. Learn more here.
Where is the Gingerbread Man French Toast Recipe recipe? In this post, I will share step-by-step instructions with photos for how to make the french toast, as well as answering FAQs about the recipe and sharing a short video showing the recipe in motion. But you can go directly to the recipes by scrolling down to the bottom of the post.
How To Make Gingerbread Man French Toast:
Start by using a gingerbread man cookie cutter to cut shapes out of croissants. Hold down the cookie cutter with one hand while gently tearing the excess croissant from around the outside.
I used large croissants and was able to get two gingerbread man from each one. If you use smaller croissants, you will only be able to get one gingerbread man out of each croissant.
Dip the croissants into the egg mixture making sure both sides are fully coated or until each gingerbread man is soaked.
Place each croissant cut out in a greased 9-inch loaf pan in a line. Slowly pour any remaining egg mixture over them.
Cover the loaf pan with foil and bake for 20 minutes at 350°. Remove the foil and bake them for an additional 15 to 20 minutes. Dust with powdered sugar and serve with syrup.
The Gingerbread Man French Toast is ready to eat but why not go the extra step and quickly decorate the gingerbread men. You can decorate them one at a time or decorate the visible parts of the croissant gingerbread men while they are still in the loaf pan.
Melt white chocolate chips, white candy melts or vanilla almond bark in the microwave and stir until smooth. Spoon into a decorating bag and cut off the tip. Pipe on two eyes, a mouth, buttons, and squiggles at the arms and legs.
Gingerbread Man French Toast FAQs
1. Can I make this ahead of time? Yes, you can prepare the gingerbread man french toast ahead of time. Cover the loaf pan and place in the fridge overnight. Set it on the counter while the oven is preheating.
2. Can I try this recipe without using a cookie-cutter? Yes, you could make it the same way but tear the croissants into small pieces.
3. How can I make this for more than 5 people? You could double the recipe and bake it in a 9×13 inch pan.
4. What can I use instead of croissants? Choose another sturdy bread such as Italian bread, brioche, sourdough, or ciabatta.
Looking for more delicious breakfast recipes?
This Pumpkin Caramel Pecan Baked French Toast recipe is irresistibly good and is perfect for serving to overnight guests or at a holiday brunch!
Apple Cinnamon French Toast Casserole is the perfect breakfast for fall weekends, overnight guests, or holiday brunch. It can be prepared the night before!
Tater Tot Breakfast Pizza recipe with crispy potatoes, scrambled eggs, melted cheese, crispy bacon, and sausage is a delicious breakfast or holiday brunch!
This tropical Pineapple Coconut French Toast Casserole by A Latte Food is made with King’s Hawaiian Sweet Rolls, Del Monte Pineapple, Coconut, and Mauna Loa Macadamia Nuts! It’s an easy French Toast Casserole recipe that is full of sweet tropical flavor, perfect for breakfast or brunch!
Gingerbread Man French ToastPrint Pin Rate
- 5 large croissants
- 1/4 cup butter melted
- 1/2 cup half-n-half know as half cream in some countries
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tbsp molasses
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground allspice
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/8 tsp ground cloves
- 1 tbsp powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup white chocolate chips or use white candy melts or vanilla almond bark
- Use a gingerbread man cookie cutter to cut shapes out of croissants.
- Put the melted butter, half-and-half, eggs, sugar, light molasses, ground ginger, ground cinnamon, ground allspice, ground nutmeg, and ground cloves in a wide bowl and whisk together.
- Dip the gingerbread man croissants into the egg mixture. Line the egg soaked gingerbread men in a greased loaf pan. Slowly pour the extra egg mixture over them.
- Cover with foil and bake at 350° for 20 minutes. Remove the foil and bake for an additional 15 to 20 minutes. Dust with powdered sugar before serving.
- Optional: Melt white chocolate chips, white candy melts or vanilla almond bark in the microwave and stir until smooth. Spoon into a pastry bag and cut off the tip. Pipe on two eyes, a mouth, buttons, and squiggles at the arms and legs. Decorate one at a time or decorate the visible parts only of the croissant gingerbread men while they are still in the loaf pan.