Tater Tot Breakfast Pizza recipe with crispy potatoes, scrambled eggs, melted cheese, crispy bacon, and sausage is a delicious breakfast or holiday brunch!
Is it a tradition in your family to start the holidays with a hearty breakfast? It’s such a wonderful way to start the day.
Today I’m sharing a Tater Tot Breakfast Pizza recipe that has a tater tot crust topped with scrambled eggs, cheese, sausage, and bacon.
It’s like all of your favorite breakfast foods in one slice!
Disclaimer: This post contains links to products for making this recipe. If you use those links, I may earn a commission. Learn more here.
How To Make Tater Tot Breakfast Pizza
Line the bottom of a greased 12-inch cast iron skillet with tater tot crowns (flat, round tater tots sometimes called potato crowns) and then line the sides of the pan.
Bake the tater tots for 15 minutes.
Heat the oil in a pan over medium heat.
Whisk together the eggs and a sprinkle of salt and pepper.
Cook the eggs until just set (they will cook more in the oven).
Remove the tater tots from the oven and use a spatula to press down on top and sides of the crust to smash the tater tots a bit.
Top with one cup of shredded cheddar cheese.
Top with the scrambled eggs.
Next, sprinkle with cooked, crumbled sausage.
Add another layer of shredded cheddar cheese.
Finally top the tater tot breakfast pizza with cooked, crumbled bacon.
Bake for an additional 10 minutes.
Tater Tot Breakfast Pizza FAQs
1. Can I use regular tater tots?
Yes, just smash them a bit more than the tater tot crowns to flatten them out.
2. Do the eggs have to be cooked beforehand or can they be poured over the tater tots and cooked in the oven? They can be baked all at once but the final dish will look different than this tater tot breakfast pizza. Pour the whisked eggs over the tater tots in the pan. Add the other toppings and bake at 425° for 25-30 minutes or until fully cooked.
3. How can I make this more hearty or more filling? Double or triple the scrambled eggs, sausage, and bacon.
4. What other toppings can I add to the tater tot breakfast pizza? Try adding mushrooms, tomatoes, peppers, onions, and spinach.
5. Can this tater tot breakfast pizza be made ahead of time? Yes, assemble up until the final baking. Cover and place in the fridge. When ready to serve, remove from the fridge and bake at 425° for 25-30 minutes.
6. Does this have to be made in a cast iron skillet or can I make it in a casserole dish? Yes, this tater tot breakfast pizza can be made in a 9×13 inch pan or another casserole dish.
Bought too many tater tots? Use the extras in one of these recipes:
Tater Tot Taco Pizza is a mouthwatering combo of two of your favorite eats: tacos and pizza! The tater tot crust makes this dinner recipe even more fun.
Tater Tot Casserole by Mom On Timeout: Layers of amazing flavor combine for an easy and delicious dinner any night of the week! This fantastic casserole recipe will quickly become a family favorite!
Tater Tot Chicken Pot Pie by The Gunny Sack: Tater Tot Chicken Pot Pie because admit itâ€¦pie crust is boring. The whole family will love this spin on the traditional chicken pot pie recipe.
If you allow the breakfast pizza to sit for a couple of minutes before serving, it will hold together better but it is hard to resist!
This Tater Tot Breakfast Pizza with crispy potatoes, fluffy scrambled eggs, melted cheese, spicy sausage and crispy bacon is an awesome way to start the day!