Nothing says fall like a warm slice of Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bread slathered with melting butter. Enjoy a slice with a mug of steaming coffee or tea!
This pumpkin bread even tastes great after being refrigerated. Pop a slice in the microwave for a few seconds to warm it up before eating it for a “fresh out of the oven” feel.
Disclaimer: This post contains links to products for making this recipe. If you use those links, I may earn a commission. Learn moreÂ here.
Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bread Recipe
Put eggs, sugar, pumpkin puree, and vegetable oil in a large bowl.
Beat until combined. Set aside.
In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking soda, baking powder, ground cinnamon, salt, ground nutmeg, and ground ginger.
Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients.
Stir to combine.
Add semi-sweet chocolate chips.
Stir until combined.
Spread in a greased 9×5 inch loaf pan.
Bake at 350ËšF, rack in the middle position, for 90-105 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
Cool in pan on wire rack for 10 minutes.
Remove from pan and cool completely on wire rack.
Wrap tightly in plastic wrap and store in the refrigerator.
Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bread FAQs
1. Can this pumpkin bread be made into mini loaves for gifts?
Yes, divide the batter into greased mini loaf pans. Depending on the size of the pans the baking time will vary. Some mini loaf pans are only slightly bigger than a muffin pan and other mini pans are bigger. Bake at 350ËšF for 30-45 minutes, depending on the pan size.
2. How can I turn this bread into muffins? Fill lined muffin tin cups 2/3 of the way. Bake at 350ËšF for 20-25 minutes.
3. Would this still turn out if I leave out the chocolate chips? Definitely! (BUT my opinion is that everything is better with chocolate!)
4. Can you tell me how to freeze pumpkin bread?Â Wrap the completely cooled bread tightly in plastic wrap and place in a gallon-sized freezer bag. You can also cut the loaf into slices, wrap the individual slices, and store them in a gallon-sized freezer bag.
5. How long does pumpkin bread last in the freezer? Pumpkin bread lasts 2-3 months in the freezer.
Want More Pumpkin Recipes? We’ve Got You Covered!
Pumpkin Pecan Ice Cream Loaf Cake combines layers of pumpkin cake, pumpkin pudding, and vanilla ice cream. Itâ€™s easy to make and looks impressive when drizzled with caramel and sprinkled with toasted pecans.
Pumpkin Bundt Cake with Maple Glaze:Â A moist Pumpkin Bundt Cake with a Maple Glaze. Itâ€™s fast and easy to make with pumpkin puree and a cake mix. The bundt pan shape is gorgeous on a cake plate.
Pumpkin Cream Cheese Muffins with Chocolate Chips:Â These Pumpkin Cream Cheese Muffins with Chocolate Chips are soft and moist with just the right amount of pumpkin spice. They are so easy to make with only half the sugar.
Pumpkin Gingerbread (Gluten-Free):Â This Pumpkin Gingerbread turned out so moist and delicious! My friend told me it was theÂ â€œmoist-estâ€ gluten free bread that she has ever tried.