Splendid Strawberry Sugar Scrub recipe using coconut oil. These mason jar gifts are perfect for Valentine’s Day, Mother’s Day, Christmas, and birthdays!
One of my friend’s teen daughters is really good at giving pedicures. Last weekend while hanging out at their house, she offered to do our feet. Of course, that isn’t something we weren’t going to pass up on!
One of the things she used on our feet was a homemade sugar scrub, and it felt lovely. And it motivated me to make a new sugar scrub recipe. This Strawberry Sugar Scrub is perfect for putting into mason jars and giving as gifts!
First, pour the fractionated coconut oil into a bowl, add the sweet almond oil, and mix.
Next, you need some strawberries. I wanted this sugar scrub to last longer than a couple of days, so rather than use fresh strawberries, I used freeze-dried strawberries. I put them into my clean, dry coffee grinder.
Grind the freeze-dried strawberries until they are powdery.
In a separate bowl, mix the powdered strawberries with the granulated sugar. I started mixing them with a whisk and then sifted them together.
Gently stir half of the sugar mixture into the coconut oil/almond oil mixture. Then, stir in the second half.
Yummmm!! Admit it, you kind of want a taste.
Put the sugar scrub in one large mason jar or a few smaller ones. This recipe makes enough for three 8 oz jars.
This Strawberry Sugar Scrub recipe will make your skin feel so soft! This would be a wonderful homemade gift to give to the women in your life for any special occasion, from Valentine’s Day to Christmas and Mother’s Day to birthdays.
Or, why not have some girlfriends over for a spa night and share this coconut oil sugar scrub with them?
Strawberry Sugar Scrub
- Pour the fractionated coconut oil into a bowl, add the sweet almond oil and mix.
- Grind enough freeze dried strawberries until you have about ½ cup of powder.
- In a separate bowl, Whisk and then sift together the granulated sugar and powdered strawberries.
- Gently stir half of the sugar mixture into the coconut oil mixture. Then, stir in the second half of the mixture.
- Optional: mix in strawberry extract for added scent.
- Note: If using in the shower or bathtub, be careful because bath products containing oil can make it slippery.
More sugar scrub recipes: