I made this Chicken Pot Pie with Cheesy Mashed Potatoes with Campbell’s® Sauces as part of a sponsored post for Socialstars. #CampbellsSauces
One of the things my kids really wanted to do this winter was to go snowboarding. Christine goes a couple of times every winter, but Vanessa and Zack had never gone. So, last Friday, when the weather warmed up a bit, they had the opportunity to go snowboarding with a group of friends. Before we headed for the slopes for the afternoon and evening, I wanted to make sure they had a warm, filling meal. So, while helping them pack their gear and snacks, I put made a chicken pot pie with cheesy mashed potatoes on top. I quickly assembled the casserole and put it in the oven to bake while we got ready.
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Cut four chicken breasts into small pieces (about 1 inch cubes). Place them in a greased 9×13 inch baking dish and add two cups of frozen, mixed veggies.
Pour one package of Campbell’s® Chicken Pot Pie Oven Sauce over the chicken and veggies. Campbell’s® Oven Sauces are easy to use and make for a short preparation time. The chicken pot pie sauce added a delicious flavor to the pot pie and helped keep the ingredients needed to a minimum.
Stir to coat and then bake, uncovered, for 35 minutes at 400 degrees.
Remove the chicken pot pie casserole from the oven and spread three cups of warm mashed potatoes over the top. Sprinkle with half a cup of shredded cheddar cheese and half a cup of French fried onions.
Return to the oven and bake for an additional 15 minutes, or until the chicken is fully cooked and the vegetables are tender.
The chicken pot pie with cheesy mashed potatoes was delicious. Easy recipes like this are the perfect thing to serve before winter activities and Campbell’s® Oven Sauces help make things simple. All of the kids had a blast snowboarding. Vanessa and Zack learned a lot and both of them can’t wait to go again. There are several places to ski around the Twin Cities and since it is only January, we have plenty of time.
- 12 oz Campbell's® Oven Sauces Chicken Pot Pie flavor
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 cups frozen mixed veggies (corn, beans and peas)
- 3 cups hot mashed potatoes
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup French fried onions
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Cut chicken breasts into small pieces (about 1 inch cubes) and place them in a greased 9×13 inch baking dish.
- Top with frozen, mixed veggies.
- Pour Campbell’s Oven Sauce over the chicken and veggies. Stir to coat.
- Bake, uncovered, for 35 minutes at 400 degrees.
- Remove the chicken pot pie casserole from the oven and spread three cups of warm mashed potatoes over the top.
- Sprinkle with shredded cheddar cheese and French fried onions.
- Bake for an additional 15 minutes, or until the chicken is fully cooked and the vegetables are tender.
Keep in touch with Campbell’s®: