This Watermelon Salad recipe is made with spinach, watermelon, glazed pecans and poppyseed dressing. It’s easy to make and perfect for summer!
Everyone loves to eat fresh watermelon just the way it is, but since I love fruit on my salads, I decided to try putting it on my salad, and it was so good that I had to share! If you love strawberry poppyseed salad, then you’ll love this watermelon version as well.
- Greens: I made this salad with baby spinach, but you could also use your favorite mix of greens.
- Watermelon: You’ll need two cups of diced watermelon. If watermelon isn’t available, try fresh strawberries or raspberries instead.
- Nuts: The glazed pecans add a little crunch and some sweetness! You can use toasted pecans if you prefer.
- Dressing: Homemade poppyseed dressing is so good on this salad, but a store-bought version would also work.
How To Make Watermelon Salad
Start by cutting the watermelon into pieces. I cut the watermelon into sticks and then cut each stick into fourths and then into small pieces. Check out this post if you are wondering how to pick a watermelon.
Or, since everyone likes different amounts of salad dressing, you can put the salad into individual bowls, and each person can add their own poppyseed dressing.
Watermelon Salad FAQs
I suggest prepping the ingredients ahead of time but keeping them separate until serving time. If you make it too early, you’ll end up with a bunch of watermelon juice on the bottom of the bowl.
You could try it with a raspberry vinaigrette or lemon vinaigrette.
No, this salad gets too watery when stored. Instead, keep the ingredients separate and only prepare as much as you need.
If you want to add cheese to this salad, feta or goat cheese goes well with watermelon.
- This Corn Salad is full of summer flavors!
- Raspberry Parmesan Chicken Salad is perfect for a quick lunch.
- Strawberry Pretzel Salad is popular year-round!
- A classic Wedge Salad is so easy to make.
- Chicken Salad can be eaten alone or in a sandwich!
- 6 oz baby spinach
- 2 cups diced watermelon
- 1/2 cup glazed pecans
- 1/2 cup poppyseed dressing
- Put the baby spinach, diced watermelon, and glazed pecans into one large bowl or divide between four individual bowls.
- Drizzle with poppyseed dressing and mix until coated. Serve immediately.