This watermelon salad recipe is a delicious combo of spinach, watermelon, glazed pecans, and poppyseed dressing. It’s easy to make and perfect for summer!
Everyone loves to eat fresh watermelon just the way it is but since I love fruit on my salads I decided to try putting on my salad and it was so good that I had to share!
If you love strawberry poppyseed salad then you’ll love this watermelon version as well.
Disclaimer: This post contains links to products for making this recipe. If you use those links, I may earn a commission. Learn more here.
Where is the watermelon salad recipe? In this post, I will share step-by-step instructions with photos for how to make the salad, as well as answering FAQs about the recipe and sharing a short video showing the recipe in motion. But you can go directly to the recipe by scrolling down to the bottom of the post.
How To Make Watermelon Salad
Start by cutting watermelon into pieces. I cut the watermelon into sticks and then cut each stick into fourths and then into small pieces.
Check out this post if you are wondering how to pick a watermelon?
This recipe is so simple that it doesn’t even really need a recipe!
Just layer the baby spinach, diced watermelon, and glazed pecans in a bowl. Add the poppyseed dressing and combine.
Or since everyone likes different amounts of salad dressing, you can put the salad into individual bowls and each person can add their own poppyseed dressing.
Watermelon Salad FAQs
1. Can I make this salad ahead of time? I suggest prepping the ingredients ahead of time but keeping them separate until serving time. If you make it too early you’ll end up with a bunch of watermelon juice on the bottom of the bowl.
2. Would other kinds of dressing work on this salad? You could try it with a raspberry vinaigrette or another vinaigrette of your choice.
3. Can leftovers of this salad be saved? No, this salad gets too watery when stored. Instead, keep the ingredients separate and only prepare as much as you need.
4. What cheese goes with watermelon? If you want to add cheese to this salad, feta or goat cheese goes well with watermelon.
Looking For More Salad Recipes? Try These Next:
A Corn Salad is a creamy combination of fresh sweet corn, colorful peppers, and ripe tomatoes! It is the perfect summer salad for potlucks, picnics, and barbecues.
Raspberry Parmesan Chicken Salad is my favorite salad recipe! It has baby spring mix, chicken, Parmesan, olives, raspberries, and raspberry vinaigrette.
This Crab Pasta Salad from Wine and Glue is packed with veggies and delicious flavor, it’s a staple at summer BBQs!
Strawberry Pretzel Salad is cool and creamy with caramelized brown sugar pretzels and diced strawberries. There won’t be any leftovers of this fabulous salad!
- 6 oz baby spinach
- 2 cups diced watermelon
- 1/2 cup glazed pecans
- 1/2 cup poppyseed dressing
- Put the baby spinach, diced watermelon, and glazed pecans into one large bowl or divide between four individual bowls.
- Drizzle with poppyseed dressing and mix until coated. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 4 Servings
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 248 Saturated Fat: 3g Sodium: 309mg Carbohydrates: 18g Fiber: 2g Sugar: 15g Protein: 2g