Make this Watermelon Pizza recipe as refreshing dessert! It has a watermelon “crust” with cream cheese frosting and colorful pieces of fruit on top.
Everyone loves fruit pizza but when you have a delicious slice of juicy watermelon who needs a cookie crust? This watermelon pizza is a fun way to serve fruit at a party.
Disclaimer: This post contains links to products for making this recipe. If you use those links, I may earn a commission. Learn more here.
Where is the watermelon pizza recipe? In this post, I will share step-by-step instructions with photos for how to make the pizza, as well as answering FAQs about the recipe and sharing a short video showing the recipe in motion. But you can go directly to the recipe by scrolling down to the bottom of the post.
How To Make Watermelon Pizza
Start by beating the softened cream cheese until smooth and creamy.
Add cool whip to the cream cheese and mix until smooth.
Next, stir in the powdered sugar and vanilla extract until combined. Set the cream cheese frosting aside.
Spread a half cup of the cream cheese frosting on each slice of watermelon.
Choose a variety of fruit, cut it into small pieces, and add it to the pizzas.
I wanted to make this watermelon pizza colorful so I chose blueberries for blue, kiwi for green, peaches for orange, and strawberries for red.
Watermelon Pizza FAQs
1. What other fruits would work on this pizza? Other fruits to try are cantaloupe, honeydew, mandarin oranges, grapes, raspberries, pineapple, and blackberries.
2. Can I make watermelon pizza ahead of time? Yes! I was very surprised that the cream cheese frosting stayed fresh even after being on the watermelon in the fridge overnight.
The cut fruit on the top of the pizza got a little shriveled so for best results, I suggest prepping the ingredients and then assembling the pizzas closer to serving time.
3. How can I make a lighter version of the cream cheese frosting? To make a light cream cheese frosting, use reduced-fat cream cheese, light cool whip, and a powered sugar alternative.
Want more fruit pizzas? Try These Next:
This Mini Fruit Pizza recipe is easy to make with a cookie crust, cream cheese frosting, and sliced fruit. An easy fruit pizza is the perfect summer dessert!
A Triple Grape Fruit Pizza is the perfect way to showcase grapes in a dessert. This eye-catching recipe is easy to make and tastes fantastic!
This Banana Split Fruit Pizza from Lemon Tree Dwelling combines two favorites in one delicious dessert that’s easy to prepare and sure to be a hit!
This Caramel Apple Fruit Pizza is a delicious fall dessert with a sugar cookie crust, cream cheese frosting, toasted pecans and a drizzle of caramel.
- Beat the softened cream cheese.
- Mix in the cool whip.
- Stir in the powdered sugar and vanilla.
- Spread 1/2 cup of the cream cheese frosting on each slice of watermelon.
- Top with sliced fruit.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 12 Servings
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 90Saturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 11mgSodium: 38mgCarbohydrates: 12gFiber: 1gSugar: 10gProtein: 1g