Make this Watermelon Pizza recipe as refreshing dessert! It has a watermelon crust with cream cheese frosting topped with pieces of fruit.
Everyone loves fruit pizza, but when you have a delicious slice of juicy watermelon, who needs a cookie crust? This watermelon pizza is a fun way to serve fruit at a party.
In This Post
- Cream Cheese: The cream cheese adds flavor and makes the frosting hold its shape.
- Whipped Topped: Cool whip makes the frosting light and spreadable.
- Sugar: We sweetened the frosting with powdered sugar. It also helps the frosting hold its shape.
- Vanilla: A little vanilla extract adds a lot of flavor.
- Watermelon: You’ll need two large, round slices of watermelon.
- Fruit: For toppings, we used diced strawberries, diced peaches, diced kiwi, and blueberries.
How To Make Watermelon Pizza
Start by beating the softened cream cheese until smooth and creamy.
Add cool whip to the cream cheese and mix until smooth.
Next, stir in the powdered sugar and vanilla extract until combined. Set the cream cheese frosting aside.
Spread a half cup of the cream cheese frosting on each slice of watermelon.
Choose a variety of fruit, cut it into small pieces, and then add it to the pizzas. I wanted to make this watermelon pizza colorful, so I chose blueberries for blue, kiwi for green, peaches for orange, and strawberries for red.
Watermelon Pizza FAQs
Other fruits to try are cantaloupe, honeydew, mandarin oranges, grapes, raspberries, pineapple, and blackberries.
Yes! I was very surprised that the cream cheese frosting stayed fresh even after being on the watermelon in the fridge overnight. The cut fruit on the top of the pizza got a little shriveled, so if you are concerned about how it looks, you can prep the ingredients and then assemble the pizzas closer to serving time.
To make a light cream cheese frosting, use reduced-fat cream cheese, light cool whip, and a powered sugar alternative.
Additional Watermelon Recipes
- Watermelon Salad is a yummy party appetizer!
- These Watermelon Cupcakes are topped with chocolate chips for “seeds.”
- This fun Watermelon Cake has watermelon baked inside it!
- A Watermelon Salad is so easy to make and full of flavor.
More Pizza Recipes
- These Mini Fruit Pizzas are perfect for serving at a party!
- This Caramel Apple Fruit Pizza is a delicious fall dessert with a sugar cookie crust, cream cheese frosting, toasted pecans, and a drizzle of caramel.
- Or, if you are looking for a savory option, make this Puff Pasty Veggie Pizza!
- Beat the softened cream cheese.
- Mix in the cool whip.
- Stir in the powdered sugar and vanilla.
- Spread 1/2 cup of the cream cheese frosting on each slice of watermelon.
- Top with sliced fruit.