This Easy Sloppy Joes Recipe is a classic favorite of kids of all ages! Serve on soft hamburger buns with potato chips and dill pickles.
Last week I was asked to make a large batch of Sloppy Joes to serve to a group of volunteers. The thing is, I wasn’t sure how to make Sloppy Joes and I don’t think I’ve ever made them for my family. I’ve made Italian Sloppy Joes but they are made with pizza sauce. So, I asked my mom how she makes her Sloppy Joes and adapted it to make this Easy Sloppy Joes Recipe.
Start frying the ground beef in a large skillet. Once it is broken into pieces, stir in the mustard, brown sugar, minced onion, Worchester sauce, seasoned salt and black pepper.
Fry the ground beef until it is browned and drain off the extra grease. Return to the burner and add tomato soup, ketchup and water.
Stir and simmer over medium-low heat until thickened.
I made these Sloppy Joes on Saturday morning so that they would be ready to serve for lunch. I finished up about 10:00 AM and my kids were all hanging around the kitchen wanting Sloppy Joes for breakfast! Luckily, I made extra and my kids were about to have one and I still had enough for the volunteers. Since I discovered that all three of my kids love these sandwiches, this Easy Sloppy Joes Recipe is going on our regular menu rotation!
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 2 tbsp mustard
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tbsp minced onion
- 2 tsp Worchester sauce
- 1½ tsp seasoned salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 can tomato soup
- ½ cup ketchup
- ¼ cup water
- Start frying the ground beef in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Once the ground beef is broken into smaller pieces, stir in the mustard, brown sugar, minced onion, Worchester sauce, seasoned salt and black pepper.
- Fry until browned and drain the excess grease.
- Stir in the tomato soup, ketchup and water.
- Turn heat to medium-low and simmer for 10-15 minutes, until thickened, stirring often.
Be sure to check out these recipes as well: