Start the day with this colorful Acai Bowl recipe! Top each smoothie bowl with fresh fruit, granola, nuts, coconut, nut butter, and honey.
Our kids introduced us to acai bowls on vacation, and we loved them so much that we decided to make them at home as well. They are easy to make and are a delicious way to enjoy fruit!
In This Post: Everything You Need To Make This Acai Bowl Recipe
- Ingredients Needed
- How To Make An Acai Bowl
- Tropical Bowl
- Chocolate Banana Bowl
- Very Berry Bowl
- Summer Melon Bowl
- Frequently Asked Questions
Acai Bowl Ingredients
The base for the bowl is an acai smoothie. Once you blend up the smoothie, you can add any toppings you want. We will share the fruit and liquid we added, but you can swap out ingredients to fit your tastes.
- Liquid: We used tropical fruit juice as the liquid for the added flavor and sweetness. You can use any juice or milk you want, but the flavor will change depending on what you choose.
- Acai: You need two packets of frozen acai puree for this recipe. Another option is to add 1/4 cup of acai powder.
- Fruit: This recipe calls for frozen blueberries, strawberries, and dragon fruit. We used these fruits for the flavors and colors they provide. You can swap them out with other fruits if you want, but keep in mind that substitutions will change the color, flavor, and texture.
- Banana: We also included one frozen banana for sweetness and a creamy texture. We suggest that you leave the banana in for the best results or substitute it with another creamy fruit, such as mango or avocado.
How To Make An Acai Bowl
- Order of Ingredients: Put the ingredients into the blender in this order: liquid on the bottom, puree in the middle, and frozen fruit on top.
- Blender: You need a high-power/high-speed blender for this recipe since the acai smoothie base is very thick. Stop the blender and stir the ingredients when needed.
- Bowl: Spoon the smoothie mixture into bowls and add your favorite toppings.
Tropical Acai Bowl:
The tropical bowl is so pretty and so tasty too! Top the smoothie base with sliced pineapple, cubed mango, cubed papaya, kiwi slices, vanilla granola, coconut flakes, and honey.
Chocolate Banana Acai Bowl:
Chocolate and banana are a popular combination because it is so delicious! Top the smoothie base with banana slices, chocolate granola, sliced almonds, almond butter, coconut flakes, and Nutella.
Very Berry Acai Bowl:
Who can resist all of the fresh, colorful berries? Arrange sliced strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, blackberries, chocolate, and vanilla granola in a bowl and top it with coconut flakes and Nutella.
This version is for melon lovers! Top the smoothie with watermelon, canteloupe, honeydew, vanilla granola, coconut flakes, and honey. You could also add melon pieces when making the smoothie base.
Frequently Asked Questions
It has a base of acai puree, often blended with fruit and a liquid, topped with fresh sliced fruit, granola, nuts, coconut, nut butter, or honey.
It is pronounced ah-sah-EE or ah-sigh-EE.
Want more smoothie recipes? Try these next:
- This refreshing Tropical Smoothie is a pretty pink drink with pineapple, mango, passion fruit, and dragon fruit.
- Whip up a Mango Smoothie for an easy breakfast with only four ingredients needed!
- A Blueberry Melon Smoothie is an easy breakfast that is perfect for back-to-school.
- Add a scoop of Smoothie Booster with protein powder, chia seeds, and ground flaxseed to your smoothies!