A cool Tropical Smoothie is refreshing any time of the day! It’s a pretty pink drink with pineapple, mango, passion fruit, and dragon fruit.
It is officially spring and we are ready for it! Bring on the warm sunshine and cool drinks. This tropical smoothie can be served at breakfast or as a fruity beverage to enjoy outside on your deck.
Tropical Smoothie Ingredients
There are only four ingredients needed to make this pink drink but I’ll suggest additional ingredients you can add depending on your needs. Scroll down for the complete recipe with ingredient measurements.
- Juice: We used a mango passion juice blend to stick with the tropical flavor. You could also try pineapple juice or orange juice.
- Yogurt: For the yogurt we chose coconut flavored Greek yogurt. Other options that would work well in this tropical smoothie include banana, vanilla, or key lime.
- Banana: The banana helps thicken the smoothie as well as add flavor and nutrition.
- Frozen Fruit: We used a frozen tropical fruit blend that includes pineapple, dragon fruit, passion fruit, and mangos. The dragon fruit gives the smoothie the pretty pink color.
Here are some additional ingredients you can try adding if you want to make the smoothie more filling or want additional nutrients.
- Protein Powder: If you want to make your smoothie more filling, add a scoop or two of vanilla protein powder.
- Leafy Greens: Try adding a handful or two of leafy greens such as spinach or kale to the smoothie. They blend right in and you won’t even notice they are there.
- Chia Seeds: A scoop of chia seeds adds nutrients, omega-3 fat, antioxidents, and fiber.
- Flaxseeds: Add some ground flaxseeds for additional fiber and omega-3s.
Tropical Smoothie Frequently Asked Questions
To make a smoothie put a liquid such as fruit juice, milk, or yogurt (or a combination of those ingredients), leafy greens, cut-up fruit (frozen or fresh), ice cubes (when not using frozen fruit), protein powder, chia seeds, and ground flaxseeds into the blender and blend until smooth.
No, you do not need to put yogurt in smoothies.
Yes, you can make a smoothie ahead of time and store it in the refrigerator for 1-2 days or in the freezer for up to 3 months. You may need to blend everything back together if the smoothie has started to separate.
Want more drink recipes? Try these next:
Whip up this Mango Smoothie recipe for an easy breakfast or make as a cool treat on a hot summer day. Only four ingredients needed!
This kid-friendly Sunset Slushie recipe is a perfect beverage for sharing with family and friends. Make it as a layered sunrise drink for breakfast too.
This Orange Whip is an EASY Orange Julius copycat recipe. It’s refreshing on a hot summer day and is a perfect breakfast or brunch beverage!
Make these Sherbet Punch recipes for every party and holiday dinner! Choose from strawberry, orange, lemon, and lime punch or make all four for a variety.
Leave a Reply