Bacon Cranberry Salad is a favorite family recipe that is always part of family gatherings and holiday dinners. This salad is lettuce, cauliflower, bacon, and dried cranberries with a homemade mayonnaise and parmesan dressing. Sponsored by Kraft Foods.
We have this Bacon Cranberry Salad at every one of my family’s holiday dinners from Thanksgiving, to Christmas, to Easter and everything in-between.
My family calls it Brandyberry Salad, but I’m not sure where the recipe came from or what a brandyberry is. I think it has something to do with a restaurant that existed once and this was a salad that the restaurant served.
This salad includes a homemade salad dressing that is made with 1 1/2 cups Kraft Mayo, 1/3 cup Kraft Parmesan Cheese, 1 tablespoon onion powder and 1/2 cup sugar.
Bacon Cranberry Salad Recipe
Mix together mayonnaise, grated Parmesan cheese, onion powder, and granulated sugar.
Keep the salad dressing separate until ready to serve.
Fry one pound of bacon.
I like using the oven frying method. Lay bacon on a rack in a shallow pan.
Bake at 400 degrees for 15-20 minutes or until crisp.
Crumble the bacon once it cools.
Cut up a head of cauliflower into small pieces.
Rinse and drain in a colander.
Cut up two hearts of Romaine lettuce.
Rinse and drain well.
Put the lettuce and cauliflower in a large bowl.
Keep the dressing and bacon separate until ready to serve.
Before serving, mix dressing with lettuce and cauliflower. Top with bacon and dried cranberries.
Like most salads that are dressed, this one doesn’t work for leftovers so whatever you make needs to be consumed that day.
Bacon Cranberry Salad
- 1 1/2 cups mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup grated parmesan
- 1 tbsp onion powder
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 hearts Romaine lettuce
- 1 head cauliflower
- 1 lb bacon
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- Mix together mayonnaise, parmesan, onion powder and sugar. Store in fridge.
- Lay bacon on a rack in a shallow pan. Bake at 400 degrees for 15-20 minutes or until crisp. Crumble the bacon once it cools. Set aside.
- Cut up a head of cauliflower into small pieces.
- Cut up 2 hearts of Romaine lettuce.
- Put the lettuce and cauliflower in a large bowl.
- Before serving, mix the salad dressing with the lettuce and cauliflower.
- Top with the crumbled bacon and dried cranberries.