This Hot Honey Baked Ham recipe has a mouthwatering combo of sweet and spicy that’s perfect for a holiday dinner or hot honey ham sandwiches!
Ham is traditionally the centerpiece of our Easter dinner, and this year we decided to make a hot honey-baked ham. It has all of the things a traditional ham has, with the addition of hot honey to give it added flavor.
What You’ll Find In This Post
Hot Honey Baked Ham Ingredients
To make this baked ham recipe, you’ll need ham, hot honey, sugar, butter, and seasonings. Scroll down for the complete recipe with ingredient measurements.
- Ham: You’ll need a fully cooked, bone-in ham that is 6-8 pounds. It can be a regular, unsliced ham or a spiral-cut one. The one we used for this post was partially spiral cut.
- Hot Honey: Hot honey adds sweetness and spice to the glaze. You can make your own hot honey or use store-bought.
- Brown Sugar: The brown sugar adds flavor and sweetness and helps the glaze caramelize.
- Butter: We used melted butter to thin the glaze and add flavor.
- Seasonings: For seasonings, we added ground mustard, ground cinnamon, chili powder, ground cloves, and ground ginger.
How To Make Hot Honey Baked Ham
A baked ham is one of the easiest holiday dishes to make! All you need to do is prep the ham by scoring it, coat it with the glaze, and bake it in the oven. Scroll down for the printable recipe card and complete instructions.
- Score: Remove the ham from the plastic wrapper and score it by making 1/2-inch deep cuts in it. If your ham is spiral-cut already, you can skip this step.
- Glaze: Mix the glaze ingredients together and spread half of the mixture over the ham.
- Bake: Bake the ham in the oven and remove it a couple of times to add more glaze.
Hot Honey Baked Ham Frequently Asked Questions
Bake a 6-8 pound ham at 325˚F for about 2 – 2 1/2 hours or until it reaches an internal temperature of 140˚F.
Bake a ham covered so that it doesn’t dry out. When making a glazed ham, bake it uncovered for the last part of the baking time to caramelize the glaze.
To glaze a ham, brush the outside of the ham with a sugar-based glaze mixture several times during the baking process. The glaze will turn into a sweet, caramelized coating.
Looking for more ham recipes?
Wondering how to make Slow Cooker Ham? It’s the easiest way to cook a smoked bone-in ham and it turns out PERFECT every time! Includes recipe for ham gravy.
Warm, comforting, cheesy Ham and Potato Soup is a family tradition! This hearty soup is easy to make with a few simple ingredients.
Use this Glazed Ham recipe to make a honey baked ham for your holiday dinner! The juicy ham has an irresistible, sweet, and tangy glaze.
These are the best Ham and Cheese Croissants with sliced ham topped with melted cheese on a flaky croissant! Just like my grandma used to make.
Want more holiday dinner recipes? Try these next:
Homemade Scalloped Potatoes are classic comfort food! The tender potato slices are covered in a creamy white sauce and baked until golden.
Tender Roasted Carrots are an easy side dish the whole family will enjoy. The honey butter glaze makes for an extra special treat!
Here’s how to make Mashed Potatoes that are smooth and creamy! They are the perfect side dish for a holiday dinner or a weeknight meal.
Soft, homemade Dinner Rolls are simple enough for a weeknight meal but special enough for a holiday dinner! This easy dinner rolls recipe was passed down from my mom.
Hot Honey Baked Ham
- 1 cup honey
- 2 teaspoon dried crushed red peppers or use 4 teaspoon for more heat
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
Hot Honey Ham
- Preheat the oven to 325˚F. Score the ham (if not spiral cut) and then place it on a rack in a roasting pan. Pour one cup of water into the bottom of the pan.
- In a medium bowl, combine the hot honey, brown sugar, melted butter, ground mustard, ground cinnamon, chili powder, ground cloves, and ground ginger.
- Brush half of the glaze over the ham.
- Tent the roasting pan with foil and bake the ham for 1 hour 30 minutes.
- Remove the foil and brush the ham with half of the remaining glaze. Bake for 20 minutes.
- Brush the ham with the remaining glaze and bake for an additional 20 minutes, or until it reaches an internal temperature of 140˚F.
- If you want the glaze more caramelized, you can put it under the broiler for 2-3 minutes or use a kitchen torch.
Hot Honey Recipe
- Pour the hot honey into a saucepan and add the crushed red peppers.
- Warm over low heat for 30 minutes to infuse the honey, stirring occasionally. Do not boil.
- Remove from heat and stir in the apple cider vinegar.
- Strain the honey to remove the crushed red peppers.