These baked Peanut Butter Cup Mini Donuts are tasty little treats. They are topped with peanut butter frosting and a mini Reese’s peanut butter cup.
Last weekend, we went to Taylor’s Falls to do a little fall hiking. I use the term hiking very loosely because although we were trekking through the woods, up hill and down, the trail is easy enough for a little kids to navigate. We had 27 people in our group this year and everyone had a blast. The colors weren’t peak yet but the weather couldn’t have been more perfect. One of the 4 year olds was scared that we would find wolves in the wood. He was wondering what we were going to do and how we were going to protect ourselves. He got over his fear and walked along with my husband, Brian. At one point, after he climbed up some rocks, Brian told him, “Good job! You are good at that!” The 4 year old replied, “And you aren’t!?”
Anyway, we are totally enjoying autumn and with all of the pumpkin dessert and apple desserts this fall, I decided that it was time for another peanut butter and chocolate recipe.
The mini doughnuts have chopped up peanut butter cups in them! They are brownie like. After baking the mini doughnuts and mix up the peanut butter buttercream frosting.
Using a small dough scoop, top the donuts with a scoop of frosting.
Stick a mini Reese’s peanut butter cup into the center of the frosting scoop. I shared these peanut butter cup mini donuts with some of my family and my sister said they were A-mazing.
- Sift together flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and cocoa powder.
- Mix melted butter, egg and vanilla.
- Pour buttermilk, peanut butter cups and butter mixture into dry ingredients.
- Mix until just combined. Do not overmix.
- Put batter into greased mini doughnut pan. I piped it into the pan using a pastry bag.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 6-8 minutes. Do not overbake.
- Beat butter, shortening and vanilla until creamy.
- Add powdered sugar, one cup at a time, beating at low speed until well blended.
- Add half-n-half and marshmallow cream, beat until light and fluffy.