Bloomin’ Pretzel Cheese Bread recipe with butter, garlic, cheese, oregano and mini pepperoni. Make cheesy pull apart bread as a side dish or party appetizer!
With all the bloomin’ recipes I’ve shared, I’ve been neglecting one important category…pull-apart cheese bread a.k.a crack bread. This amazing side dish has all the good stuff in it: bread, butter, garlic, cheese and pepperoni.
What else could a person ask for except maybe some bacon on top? And I decided to go the individual route so each person gets their own Bloomin’ Pretzel Cheese Bread and doesn’t have to share with their neighbor!
I’ve seen countless versions of this kind of bread, but the first recipe I ever saw was this one for Bloomin’ Onion Bread. I tried making an alfredo version about a year ago but failed miserably.
The resulting bread was soggy and salty. I decided to give it another try and this time I used pretzel bread and instead of alfredo, I went with garlic, cheese, and pepperoni.
Disclaimer: This post contains links to products for making this recipe. If you use those links, I may earn a commission. Learn more here.
How To Make Bloomin’ Pretzel Cheese Bread
Step One: Cut the Bread
Start by making four diagonal cuts in the pretzel buns without going all the way through. Then, make four more cuts in the opposite direction.
The goal is to make lots of cracks and crevices for all the good stuff to hide!
Step Two: Garlic Butter
Spread the bread apart where you cut it and pour the melted garlic butter in. There is one tablespoon of melted garlic butter for each pretzel bun.
Step Three: Cheese and Pepperoni
Then, fill the cuts with shredded mozzarella cheese and mini pepperoni.
Step Four: Wrap and Bake
Wrap each cheese stuffed pretzel bun in foil, place them on a baking sheet and bake for 15 minutes.
Step Five: Brown
Unwrap from the cheesy garlic bread from the foil and place it directly on the baking sheet. Bake for an additional five minutes to crisp it up the outside a bit.
Bloomin’ Pretzel Cheese Bread: it’s warm, it’s cheesy and you don’t have to share…now that’s what I’m talking about! You can serve this cheesy, pull apart bread as a side dish or make it for a party.
- Make four diagonal, evenly spaced cuts in one direction on the pretzel buns without going all the way through. Then, make four diagonal, evenly spaced cuts, in the opposite direction without going all the way through.
- Mix together the melted butter, garlic powder and oregano.
- Spread the bread apart where you cut it and pour the melted garlic butter in. Use about 1 tablespoon per pretzel bun.
- Fill the cuts with shredded cheese and mini pepperoni.
- Wrap each cheese stuffed pretzel bun in foil, place them on a baking sheet and bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes.
- Unwrap from the cheesy garlic bread from the foil and place it directly on the baking sheet. Bake for an additional five minutes to crisp up the outside a bit.
- Optional: Sprinkle with pretzel salt before serving.
I found the pretzel buns in the bakery department at my local grocery store. If you are unable to find them, use another type of dense/crusty bun or roll like French rolls, French baguettes or ciabatta rolls.
Love Bloomin’ Recipes? Here are a few more to try: