This Blooming Sweet Potato with Marshmallow Cream Dip is a delicious, fun side dish for your holiday dinner!
We went to a restaurant recently that had delicious sweet potato fries. My friend ordered them as an appetizer and we were delighted to discover that the dip they served with the fries was sweet rather than savory.
It was a combination of marshmallow cream and cinnamon that I had to try making at home. Instead of making sweet potato fries, I had to try a Blooming Sweet Potato.
Blooming Sweet Potato Ingredients
- Sweet Potato: I wrote this recipe for one sweet potato, but you can make as many sweet potatoes as you want.
- Olive Oil: The olive oil is used twice to help make the sweet potatoes crispy.
- Cornstarch: You’ll need a little cornstarch to dry up the extra liquid, which makes the potatoes more crispy.
- Seasoning: We seasoned the potatoes with salt, ground cinnamon, and nutmeg.
- Marshmallow Cream: The marshmallow cream is used to make a delicious dip.
- Cream: You’ll need a little half-n-half to thin the marshmallow cream.
How To Make Bloomin’ Sweet Potatoes
Make circular cuts around the inside of the sweet potato and a slit through the middle. Optional: make the cuts wider by removing thin slices of potato.
Flip the potatoes over and make cuts all the way around the sweet potato without cutting the center/middle.
Spoon the mixture over the cut blooming sweet potatoes, allowing it to seep into the cuts. Rub the outside of the potatoes with the same mixture.
Bake for 30 minutes at 425˚F. Drizzle with additional olive oil and sprinkle with cinnamon and nutmeg. Continue baking for 30 minutes longer.
Mix together marshmallow cream, half-n-half and cinnamon. Spoon into dipping cups. Serve with the hot, blooming sweet potato.
It’s an amazing combination! Both of our kids were skeptical, but after trying this blooming sweet potato with marshmallow cream dip, they both said it was delicious.