This BLT Pasta Salad features creamy dressing, crunchy bacon, crisp lettuce and fresh tomatoes! It’s a popular summer salad recipe for a backyard cookout. Sponsored by Bushel Boy Tomatoes.
Our first backyard cookout is officially scheduled and I couldn’t be more excited! It is going to be filled with grilled foods, cool salads, and fresh fruits.
I am planning to bring this BLT Pasta Salad. It’s easy to make, done in less than an hour and perfect for sharing!
Disclaimer: This post contains links to products for making this recipe. If you use those links, I may earn a commission. Learn more here.
The main star of this BLT Pasta Salad are these Bushel Boy™ tomatoes. Bushel Boy are grown right here in my home state of Minnesota since 1990.
How To Make BLT Pasta Salad
Start the salad by cooking the pasta on the stovetop and the bacon in the oven.
Drain the cooked pasta, rinse it with cold water, and once it water had drained transfer it to a large bowl.
Drain the bacon on paper towels, chop it up, and add it to the bowl.
Next, cut the fresh, ripe tomatoes into pieces and add them to the bowl.
Make the salad dressing.
Mix together mayonnaise, sour cream, lemon juice, vinegar, sugar, onion powder, minced garlic, salt, and pepper.
Add the salad dressing, chopped lettuce and diced green onions to the bowl.
Mix everything together, taste and add additional salt and pepper if necessary.
The combination of creamy dressing, crunchy bacon, crisp lettuce, and fresh tomatoes is fantastic!
This is going to be a popular summer salad that you will want to make again and again.
BLT Pasta Salad
- 1 pound bacon
- 16 oz box small pasta shells (4 cups cooked pasta)
- 4 tomatoes (I used Bushel Boy)
- 4 cups chopped lettuce
- 1/4 cup diced green onions
- Cook the pasta according to the instructions on the package. Drain the cooked pasta, rinse it with cold water, and once it water had drained transfer it to a large bowl.
- Cook the bacon in the oven. Lay slices of bacon on a baking sheet with sides. Bake at 400 degrees for 12-18 minutes, or until your desired crispiness. Drain the bacon on paper towels, chop it up, and add it to the bowl.
- Next, cut the tomatoes into pieces and add them to the bowl.
- Add the salad dressing, chopped lettuce and diced green onions to the bowl.
- Mix everything together, taste and add additional salt and pepper if necessary.
- Mix all of the salad dressing ingredients together in a small bowl before adding to the pasta salad.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Bushel Boy Tomatoes. The opinions and text are all mine.