Brown Butter Snickerdoodle Blondies are buttery and gooey, soft and dense with a crunchy cinnamon and sugar topping. This is the BEST blondies recipe ever!
Blondies are like brownies without the chocolate and since my favorite brownies are the gooey ones, it only makes sense that my favorite blondies are gooey as well. While these Brown Butter Snickerdoodle Blondies won’t win any contests for good looks, one bite and you will fall in love!
Disclaimer: This post contains links to products for making this recipe. If you use those links, I may earn a commission. Learn more here.
How To Make Brown Butter
Brown butter is made by melting butter in a pan over heat until the milk solids are browned. It turns a golden color and smells deliciously nutty.
At first, it feels like it’s never going to brown and then suddenly, it’s done and you have to remove it from the heat, so this is one of those things that you don’t want to walk away from. It goes a little faster if you cut the butter into pieces before adding it to the pan.
To make the brown butter, put the butter in a pan over medium-low heat. Continue heating, stirring often, until the butter browns on the bottom of the pan.
Using a pan with a lightly colored bottom helps to be able to see when it’s done browning. Pour the brown butter, scraping the pan to get all of the brown bits, into a large glass bowl to cool a bit.
Quick Note: Just in case you are wondering if the brown butter makes a difference in this recipe, it really does. I also use brown butter in my in chocolate chip cookie bars and sugar cookie bars. My sister’s family loves the chocolate chip cookie bars so she makes them often. One day she didn’t feel like taking the time to make the brown butter, so she made them with regular butter and discovered that they really are way better with the brown butter.
Brown Butter Snickerdoodle Blondies Instructions
Sift together the flour, baking powder, and salt into a small bowl.
Pour the flour mixture, brown sugar, and granulated sugar into the bowl of brown butter and stir to combine. This can be done with a mixer or by hand.
Add the eggs and vanilla. Mix well.
Spread the batter into a greased 9-inch pan.
Mix together the cinnamon and sugar. Sprinkle it over the batter in the pan.
Bake at 325 degrees for 35-40 minutes.
Allow the bars to cool before cutting them into squares.
Oh my…these Brown Butter Snickerdoodle Blondies are so fabulous! They have a dense, moist center, the top is a little crunchy and the flavor is perfect. One of my friends told me that these are her husband’s FAVORITE and that she makes them all the time.
Recipe updated from original posted September 2014
Brown Butter Snickerdoodle Blondies
- Melt the butter in a pan with a light colored bottom over medium-low heat. Continue heating, stirring often, until the butter browns on the bottom of the pan. Remove from heat and pour the brown butter, scraping the pan to get all of the brown bits, into a large glass bowl to cool a bit.
- Sift together the flour, baking powder, and salt in a small bowl.
- Pour the flour mixture, brown sugar and 1/2 cup of granulated sugar into the bowl of brown butter and stir to combine. This can be done with a mixer or by hand.
- Add the eggs and vanilla. Mix well.
- Spread the batter into a greased 9-inch pan.
- Mix two tablespoons of granulated sugar and the cinnamon together. Sprinkle over the batter in the pan.
- Bake at 325 degrees for 35-40 minutes.
- Cool the bars in the pan before cutting into squares.
Here are a few more of my bar recipes to check out: