These three ingredient Mini Eggs Pretzel Bites are an easy Easter treat! They are like pretzel kisses with Cadbury Mini Eggs instead of M&Ms.
Every year during the holidays, we make pretzel Hershey Kiss M&M treats and thought it would be fun to make an Easter version using mini eggs! The pretty pastel colors and the egg shapes are perfect for Easter.
What You’ll Find In This Post
Why You’ll Love Mini Eggs Pretzel Bites
These adorable little treats have all of the good things in one bite. They are crunchy and creamy, sweet and salty! As an added bonus, these Hershey kiss pretzels are super easy to make with only three ingredients. They look cute in a bowl and can be put into treat bags to give as gifts. Plus, everyone loves mini eggs, and this is a fun way to eat them.
Ingredients Needed and Substitutions
This is one of the simplest Easter treats you can make! It only requires three ingredients that are all store-bought. The only prepping of ingredients you need to do is to unwrap the kisses.
- Pretzels: We love using square pretzels called snaps to make pretzel bites. You can also use pretzel twists.
- Kisses: You’ll need as many Hershey’s Kisses as you have pretzels. They are the perfect size for the pretzels. Hershey’s Hugs would work for a white version.
- Mini Eggs: We topped them with Cadbury mini eggs of various colors. Feel free to use your favorite chocolate mini eggs if you prefer another brand, or use malted milk eggs for a different flavor.
How To Make Mini Egg Pretzel Bites
This recipe is super easy to make. The step that takes the most time is unwrapping all of the Hershey’s Kisses. Maybe you can get your kids to help with that part but make sure you have a few extra chocolates because some are bound to get eaten along the way.
- Arrange: Line the pretzels up on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Top each one with a chocolate kiss.
- Bake: Put them in the oven for a few minutes to soften the chocolate.
- Top: Take the pan out of the oven and press mini eggs into each softened Hershey’s Kiss. Then, allow the chocolate to cool and harden.
Want some more ideas of different variations you can make of this recipe? Try one of these yummy ideas.
Easter Candy Bar Pretzel Bites
For this version, use mini, square-shaped candy bars instead of Hershey’s Kisses. When you remove them from the oven, top each one with another pretzel, squishing the mini candy bar between the two pretzels. Allow the chocolate to harden, and then dip half of the bit in melted candy wafers. Place them on parchment paper and top with sprinkles. See more detailed instructions in our candy bar pretzel bites post.
Easter Pretzel Hugs
You can use Hershey’s Hugs instead of Kisses. They are white with brown stripes, and the lighter color is pretty with the pastel mini eggs.
Pretzel Hershey Kiss M&M
To make the popular pretzel Hershey Kiss M&M version, use pastel M&M’s as the topping instead of mini eggs. Press the M&M’s into the softened Kisses with the logo facing downward to give them a clean look.
- Make Ahead: These are the perfect treat to make ahead of time to bring to a party or put into treat bags to give as gifts.
- Refrigerator: Store these mini eggs pretzel bites in an airtight container at room temperature for up to one week.
- Freezer: You can store them in an airtight container in the freezer for up to three months. Keep in mind that freezing and thawing chocolate can change its appearance.
Frequently Asked Questions
There are so many other Easter candies, especially the colorful egg-shaped ones, that would work to make these Hershey kiss pretzels! You could use peanut butter eggs, Hershey’s eggs, whoppers, M&M’s, or Lindt mini eggs. As long as you can press the candy into the softened kisses, they should work.
It’s a pretzel with a melted Hershey’s Kiss on top.
Mini eggs are available year-round online but not in stores. But Cadbury has released similar chocolates for different seasons, such as Cadbury Mini Snowballs and Mini Harvest Handfuls.
More Easter Treats To Try
Adorable Easter Bunny Strawberries with carrots too, of course! These dipped strawberries are perfect for an Easter dessert.
Speckled Mini Easter Eggs are sweet and salty, crunchy and adorable! Fill treat bags to give them as gifts.
This Easter Cake recipe has layers of pastel cake and is covered with fluffy vanilla bean frosting and topped with cake crumbs for sprinkles.
These edible Chocolate Easter Nests are so much fun! Fill the with edible grass and candy eggs for an Easter dessert or spring treat!
Mini Eggs Pretzel Bites
- 40 pretzel snaps
- 40 Hershey’s Kisses
- 40 Cadbury Mini Eggs
- Spread 40 pretzels out on a rimmed baking sheet in a single layer and top with the Hershey Kisses.
- Bake at 300˚F for 3-4 minutes until the chocolates are shiny and slightly softened.
- Remove from the oven and immediately press Cadbury Mini Eggs into each of the softened kisses. Allow the chocolate to harden, and then store them in an airtight container.