Adorable Easter Bunny Strawberries with carrots too, of course! These dipped strawberries are perfect for an Easter dessert.
Let the kids help dip the strawberries and add their own decorations! It’s a fun way to make an edible craft together. These Easter themed chocolate covered strawberries would look adorable on a platter at the dessert table!
To make the Easter bunny strawberries, you’ll need white melting wafers, black (or chocolate) melting wafers, marshmallows, pink sanding sugar sprinkles, pink heart sprinkles, and candy eyeballs.
You’ll also need a container of strawberries. Rinse the strawberries and then dry them very well. Dry strawberries are the key to have the melted chocolate stick well!
Melt the white candy wafers in the microwave and coat your strawberries with the white candy coating. Set them on a piece of parchment paper or a silicone mat to set.
Can I use white chocolate to make these Easter bunny strawberries?
There are several different options when it comes to what you use to coat the strawberries. Here are several choices as well as a little information about each one to help you choose:
- White melting wafers are made from sugar, palm oil, milk, and vanilla. They are easy to melt and easy to work with. This is what I used to make my white chocolate dipped strawberries.
- Couverture white chocolate discs are white chocolate in a disc form. They are made from cocoa butter, sugar, milk, and vanilla. It is top of the line in terms of quality and price. This kind of white chocolate is not as easy to work with and needs to be tempered when melted.
- White chocolate chips are perfect when baking since they hold their shape. If you do want to use them for dipping or drizzling, add a teaspoon of shortening per 6 ounces of white chocolate chips when melting them to make it smoother.
- A white chocolate baking bar is white chocolate in a bar form. It can be used for dipping strawberries. Follow the melting instructions on the package.
- For a lighter version, try using sugar-free white chocolate chips. Follow the instructions on the package for melting the chocolate chips.
To make edible Easter bunny ears, cut the marshmallows in half. Then, cut slices off each half. Dip marshmallow pieces in pink sanding sugar sprinkles. Use the white melted candy wafers to attach the ears to the coated strawberries.
Next, attach the candy eyeballs using the white melted candy wafers. If you don’t have any candy eyeballs on hand, you can draw the eyes with a toothpick using the black melted candy wafers below.
Then, melt the black candy wafers (or use melted chocolate chips) and using a toothpick draw whiskers, a mouth, and teeth on the Easter bunny strawberries.
Finally, attach heart sprinkles for bunny noses using melted white candy wafers. Other options for noses include pink candies such as M&M’s or drawing a nose with a toothpick using melted pink candy wafers.
Choose the bigger, wider strawberries out of the package to make the chocolate dipped Easter bunny strawberries since the width gives you ample space to decorate the face.
To make the carrot strawberries, melt orange candy wafers and dip the strawberries in the orange candy coating. Place the dipped strawberries on a piece of parchment paper to set. Then drizzle additional candy coating over the strawberries to create the look of the ridges you’d see on a carrot.
Choose the longer, more narrow strawberries from the package to make the chocolate dipped carrot strawberries.
Want more Easter desserts? Try these next:
These adorable Easter Basket Cookie Cups are almost too fun to eat! An Easter dessert recipe filled with buttercream frosting, chocolate bunnies, and chocolate eggs.
Easter Egg Ooey Gooey Bars have a strawberry cake mix crust with marshmallow cream and fruity pebbles treats on top. They are irresistible to kids of all ages!
Here’s an Easter Cake recipe that’s easy to make and so beautiful to serve! This spring layer cake is covered with fluffy vanilla bean frosting and topped with cake crumb sprinkles.
Apple Fruit Baskets have a hollowed out apple as a basket, a licorice handle and fresh, colorful fruit inside. This healthy Easter basket is irresistible!