Traditional Deviled Eggs are a classic appetizer. This basic recipe for how to make deviled eggs includes options for creative flavors!
Deviled eggs are like having an egg salad sandwich without the bread. I love how versatile deviled eggs are! By switching out the ingredients you add there are endless varieties you can make.
Start with six hard boiled eggs. Peel the eggs and slice them in half lengthwise.
Wondering how to make hard boiled eggs? See my blog post for how long to boil eggs here. It includes tips for how to peel them easily.
Remove the egg yolks from the egg whites and place them in a bowl.
Use a fork to mash the egg yolks together.
Add the mayonnaise, ground mustard, sea salt, black pepper, and paprika.
What ingredients can I add to deviled eggs?
- Seasonings: ground mustard, salt, pepper, paprika, dill, garlic powder, onion powder, chili powder, ranch
- Condiments: relish, dijon mustard, hot sauce, vinegar
- Veggies: onions, celery, peppers, avocado, tomato
- Meat: bacon, ham, sausage
- Dressing: mayonnaise, sour cream, Greek yogurt, ranch
Use a fork to stir the egg yolk mixture until combined.
Place the egg white halves on a tray or a platter. Divide the filling between the eggs. I like using a small dough scoop to easily and cleanly fill the eggs with an equal amount of filling.
If you want to make your deviled eggs look fancy, put the egg yolk mixture in a pasty bag fitted with a piping tip. Then pipe the filling into the egg whites.
Sprinkle the deviled eggs with paprika and sliced green onions.
Additional Deviled Eggs Recipes:
- Southwest: Add 1/2 tsp garlic powder, 1/8 tsp chili powder, diced jalapeños, and diced tomatoes.
- Cajun Deviled Eggs Recipe: Replace the salt, pepper, and paprika with a teaspoon of cajun seasoning. Add diced red and green bell peppers.
- Avocado Deviled Eggs: Reduce the mayonnaise to 2 tbsp and mash a diced avocado into the egg yolk mixture.
- Bacon Cheddar: Stir bacon bits and shredded cheddar cheese into the egg yolk mixture.
- Taco Deviled Eggs: Replace the salt, pepper, and paprika with a teaspoon of taco seasoning. Use sour cream instead of mayo. Add diced tomatoes and shredded cheese.
Want more appetizer recipes? Try these next:
Veggie Pizza Puffs are a bite-sized take on the classic veggie pizza. This easy appetizer recipe is a great way to use up leftover veggies.
Cowboy Caviar is a healthy appetizer that is perfect for parties! Serve as salsa with tortilla chips or as a flavorful side salad with chicken and fish.
These Mexican Pigs In A Blanket are easy to make, full of flavor, and delicious dipped in salsa and guacamole. One of the MOST POPULAR appetizers just got even better with a MEXICAN TWIST!
Spinach Artichoke Dip Bites are a popular appetizer that is easy to make. Green spinach and red peppers make this colorful appetizer perfect for parties!