This Cake Stuffed Caramel Apple On A Stick recipe is a fun way to eat baked apples this fall. They look like caramel apples and have a spiced cupcake inside.
I already posted Caramel Apple Cupcakes but it got me thinking about another kind of caramel apple cupcakes where the cupcake is actually baked inside the caramel apple. It took me a few tries, but I love how they turned out.
In this Cake Stuffed Caramel Apple On A Stick recipe, the hollowed out apple becomes an edible cupcake wrapper and everything is covered in caramel to make it even more fun!
Disclaimer: This post contains links to products for making this recipe. If you use those links, I may earn a commission. Learn more here.
Mix the cake batter and scoop it into the hollowed apple.
Bake to apple cupcakes at 350 degrees for 18-20 minutes, until the top springs back when lightly touched and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
Allow the cake stuffed baked apples to cool a bit and then cover each one with a caramel apple wrap. I used these caramel apple wraps.
Add a stick for fun and to make them look more like caramel apples but they cannot be carried using the stick. This Cake Stuffed Caramel Apple On A Stick should be stored in the fridge and is best when eaten fresh. The longer they sit, the more moist the cupcakes will become due to the juice from the apple.
Cake Stuffed Caramel Apple On A StickPrint Pin Rate
- Cut the top off of the apples and scoop of the middle leaving at least 1/4 inch intact. Place the apples in a baking dish.
- Sift together flour, cornstarch, baking powder, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg. Set aside.
- Beat butter and sugar until fluffy and light in color, about two minutes. Scrape bowl.
- Mix in the egg and vanilla.
- Add the flour mixture and milk. Beat until just combined.
- Scoop the batter into the hollowed apples.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 18-20 minutes.
- Allow the cake stuffed apples to cool for a few minutes. Cover each one with a caramel apple wrap and insert a stick.
Here are some more of my apple recipes to check out: