This Cheesy Barbecue Dip recipe is a delicious appetizer that you can share with friends at a backyard barbecue or bring to holiday parties and potlucks.
Barbecue recipes don’t need to be limited only to main dishes and sandwiches. Have you ever had a barbecue dressing on a salad? You’ve got to try it! What about on an omelet? One of my friends got me into that one.
Today’s recipe for Cheesy Barbecue Dip is a delicious appetizer that you can share with friends at a backyard barbecue or bring to holiday parties and potlucks.
Put fully cooked barbecue pork or chicken (make your own or use the ready-made store bought kind), barbecue sauce, ranch dressing and cream cheese in a bowl.
Add the shredded colby jack cheese.
Mix together until well blended.
Spread the mixture in a small casserole dish. I used a 1.5 quart round dish.
Bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes until heated through. Top with shredded mozzarella cheese and place under the broiler for 2-3 minutes to brown it, if desired or just allow the cheese to melt on the top of the hot dip. Sprinkle with sliced green onions.
Serve with tortilla chips. Everyone loves dip recipes and this Cheesy Barbecue Dip will be a big hit! It’s easy to make and the addition of barbecue pork or chicken makes it more hearty.
Cheesy Barbecue Dip RecipePrint Pin Rate
- 8 ounce package cream cheese softened
- 1/4 cup barbecue sauce
- 1/2 cup ranch dressing
- 1 cup barbecue chicken or pork fully cooked
- 2 cups shredded colby jack cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 tbsp sliced green onions
- Mix together the barbecue pork or chicken, barbecue sauce, ranch dressing, cream cheese and shredded colby jack cheese until well blended.
- Spread the mixture in a small casserole dish.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes until heated through.
- Top with shredded mozzarella cheese
- Place under the broiler for 2-3 minutes, if desired or just allow the cheese to melt on the hot dip.
- Sprinkle with sliced green onions.