This easy French Silk Pie recipe without eggs has a delicious graham cracker crust. A chocolate pie is perfect for serving at holidays and celebrations.
There’s something about French Silk Pie that gets me every time! When I was a tween, this was my birthday “cake” of choice. My son says its “too rich” for him to order at restaurants but if someone serves a French Silk Pie in their home, he will definitely take a thin slice. When I’ve tried to find recipes for French Silk Pie, they always call for raw eggs and I can’t get my head around that. When I made my French Silk Pie Pops, I realized that I could use the same recipe to make and French Silk Pie without raw eggs!
I must admit that my least favorite part of a French Silk Pie is the crust. It feels so plain when compared to the lusciousness of the chocolate mousse. So, I made a graham cracker crust instead and pressed it into a 9 inch pie pan. Fill the crust with the chocolate mousse and smooth it out.
Top the chocolate pie with dollops of whipped cream or just spread the whipped cream over the chocolate layer.
Add a few…okay, add a bunch of chocolate curls. I used a large size Hershey’s bar, softened it for a couple of second in the microwave and used my vegetable peeler to make the curls along the sides of the chocolate bar.
This easy French Silk Pie without raw eggs came camping with us. I stored in the cooler and when I served it, there wasn’t a scrap left in the pan!
Whipped Cream (makes about 5 cups):
Chocolate Mousse Layer:
- 2 cups whipped cream
- Chocolate curls
- Beat the heavy cream until thickened.
- Add the sugar and vanilla.
- Beat until stiff peaks form.
- Set 2 cups of whipped cream aside for the top of the pie.
French Silk Pie Layer:
- Melt chocolate in a microwave safe bowl and set is aside to cool.
- Beat the softened cream cheese.
- Add the powdered sugar and cooled chocolate, mix well.
- Beat in 3 cups of whipped cream, until smooth.
Graham Cracker Crust Layer:
- Blend together graham cracker crumbs, melted butter and granulated sugar until it starts to clump together.
- Press the graham cracker crust into a 9 inch pie pan.
- Add the chocolate mousse and spread it out evenly.
- Top with whipped cream and chocolate curls.
- Place in the fridge for at least one hour or until ready to serve.