Cinnamon sugar French Toast Casserole is the perfect breakfast for overnight guests or for a holiday brunch. It can be made ahead of time!
It’s always a joy to share a delicious breakfast with family or friends. What a great way to start the day! And one way to make it even more enjoyable is to prepare a simple, yet outstanding dish like a French toast bake and if you can assemble it ahead of time that is a bonus.
Cut enough cubes of bread from a loaf of French or Italian bread to make 10 cups. I slightly less than one loaf of Italian bread.
Spread the bread out in an even layer in a greased jelly roll pan. Set aside.
Whisk together the eggs, milk and salt.
Pour the egg mixture over the bread cubes and place in the refrigerator for about 10 minutes to allow the egg mixture to absorb a bit.
How can I make French toast casserole ahead of time?
To make French toast casserole ahead of time, cut the bread and coat with the egg mixture. Cover the pan with plastic wrap and place it in the refrigerator overnight. Mix together the sugars and ground cinnamon in a ziptop bag and set it aside until morning. In the morning, remove the plastic wrap and continue with the recipe.
Mix together the granulated sugar, brown sugar, and ground cinnamon. Stir in the melted butter, milk, and vanilla extract.
Remove the pan from the refrigerator and drizzle the sugar mixture over the bread.
Bake the French toast casserole at 350˚F for 45-50 minutes, until cooked through and golden brown.
Serve the French toast casserole warm with syrup and powdered sugar.
Want more breakfast casserole recipes? Try these next:
Start the day with a Tater Tot Breakfast Casserole with sausage, eggs, cheese, and tater tots all in one easy dish.
This Eggnog French Toast Bake is the perfect breakfast for overnight guests, holiday brunch, or Christmas morning! It is a great way to feed the whole family in one fell swoop.
A Ham and Potato Breakfast Casserole is perfect for breakfast or brunch. This easy egg bake recipe includes ham, potatoes, cheese, and Bisquick!
Apple Cinnamon French Toast Casserole is the perfect breakfast for fall weekends, overnight guests, or holiday brunch. It can be prepared the night before!
French Toast Casserole
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Start by cutting the bread into cubes, ending up with about 10 cups of bread cubes. Spread the cubed bread out in a greased jelly roll pan and set aside.
- Put eggs, milk, and salt in a bowl and beat well. Pour the egg mixture over the bread cubes and refrigerate for about 10 minutes to allow the egg mixture to absorb a bit.
- If preparing the night before, stop here. Cover with plastic wrap and place in the fridge overnight. Remove the plastic wrap and continue to the next step.
- Mix together granulated sugar, brown sugar, ground cinnamon, melted butter, and vanilla extract. Drizzle the mixture over the bread cubes.
- Bake at 350°F for 45-50 minutes until cooked through and golden brown.