I made this Frosted Sugar Cookie Cupcakes recipe as part of a sponsored post for BAILEYS™ Coffee Creamers.
You love cupcakes and you love sugar cookies, but which one is your favorite? Why not have the best of both worlds and combine these two favorite desserts. Today’s recipe for Frosted Sugar Cookie Cupcakes has a vanilla cupcake on the bottom with vanilla buttercream frosting and a frosted sugar cookie on top. Cakes are pretty to look at on holiday dessert tables, but cupcakes are so much easier to serve and they are perfect for kids. These cupcakes can be customized for any holiday or special occasion by changing the colors of the frosting or of the sprinkles.
I’m super excited to tell you about a new flavor of BAILEYS™ Coffee Creamers just in time for the holidays. It’s BAILEYS™ Coffee Creamer Frosted Vanilla Cookie and we love it in our coffee, hot chocolate and even put it in chai tea. Plus, it is one of the ingredients that makes these cupcakes so delicious! But if you get to the store and find this seasonal favorite has already sold out, you can substitute it with one of the other 14 fantastic flavors of BAILEYS™ Coffee Creamers.
My first attempt at this recipe was to make vanilla cupcakes from scratch, but the cupcakes turned out more like cornbread for some reason. So, I used a white boxed cake mix instead and they turned out great! Make the cupcakes according to the instructions on the box, but substitute half of the water with BAILEYS™ Coffee Creamer Frosted Vanilla Cookie. If the box says to add 1 cup of water, use 1/2 cup of water and 1/2 cup creamer instead. That is how you make these cupcakes extra special!
Then, while the oven is still warm, make some mini sugar cookies. I used refrigerated sugar cookie dough and used a rounded teaspoon of dough for each cookie.
Once the cupcakes and the cookies have cooled, it’s time to frost them! Make the fluffy vanilla buttercream frosting. Frost the cupcakes and the mini sugar cookies. Add sprinkles to the frosted sugar cookies and put one cookie on top of each frosted cupcake.
Delicious, pretty and fun to serve. The frosted cookie on top and theBAILEYS™ Coffee Creamer Frosted Vanilla Cookie makes these Frosted Sugar Cookie Cupcakes extra special!
Frosted Sugar Cookie CupcakesPrint Pin Rate
- 1 white boxed cake mix
- Ingredients called for on the box but use 1/2 of the water and substitute the other 1/2 with BAILEYS™ Coffee Creamer Frosted Vanilla Cookie
- 1 tube refrigerated sugar cookie dough
- Gold sprinkles
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Prepare and bake the cupcakes according to the instructions on the package using BAILEYS™ Coffee Creamer Frosted Vanilla Cookie for half of the water called for in the recipe.
- Scoop rounded teaspoonful of sugar cookie dough.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes.
- Once the cupcakes and the cookies have cooled, it’s time to frost them with fluffy vanilla buttercream frosting (recipe below).
- Add sprinkles to the frosted sugar cookies and put one on top of each frosted cupcake.
Fluffy Vanilla Buttercream Frosting:
- Beat together butter and shortening until smooth.
- Beat in the marshmallow cream.
- Mix in the powdered sugar, one cup at a time.
- Beat in the vanilla creamer until fluffy.
Here are a couple more delicious ways to use BAILEYS™ Coffee Creamers: