Instant Pot Corn On The Cob is a super quick and hands-off way to make corn on the cob. The sweet corn can cook while you work on other dishes!
Sometimes the best recipes are the ones that are hands-off. Using an Instant Pot to cook corn on the cob is about as easy as it gets.
There’s no water to boil like when making boiled corn on the cob and no oven to preheat like when roasting corn in the oven. The step that takes the longest is shucking the corn so get your kids to help with that step.
Disclaimer: This post contains links to products for making this recipe. If you use those links, I may earn a commission. Learn more here.
Where is the instant pot corn on the cob recipe? In this post, I will share step-by-step instructions with photos for how to make the sweet corn, as well as answering FAQs about the recipe and sharing a short video showing the recipe in motion. But you can go directly to the recipe by scrolling down to the bottom of the post.
Instant Pot Corn On The Cob Recipe
Put the steam rack in the Instant Pot.
Stack peeled corn on the cob and pour in the water.
Cook on high pressure for 2-4 minutes. If you want crunchier corn, go for only two minutes. If you want softer corn, try four minutes. Ours was perfect when cooked for three minutes.
Then, quick release the pressure.
Use tongs to remove the cooked corn on the cob.
Slather the hot corn on the cob with butter and sprinkle with salt.
Instant Pot Corn On The Cob FAQs
1. How much corn on the cob can I cook in my Instant Pot at one time? You can cook as many ears of corn as will fit in your Instant Pot. I cooked six in mine.
2. Can I make Instant Pot corn on the cob without the trivet? Yes, it can be made without the trivet. Using the trivet is like steaming the corn. Not using the trivet is more like boiling the corn.
3. Should I add anything else (like salt, or sugar, or butter) to the Instant Pot? No, you don’t need to add anything else. Add the butter and salt to the corn after it is cooked.
More Ways To Cook Corn On The Cob
Is your Instant Pot already being used to make another dish or maybe you don’t have an Instant Pot? Try one of these ways to make corn on the cob.
Microwave Corn On The Cob is the easiest, fastest way to make small batch corn on the cob. No prep time, no peeling, and no heating up the kitchen.
Try Grilling Corn On The Cob With The Husks! It’s so easy to do with no prep, no soaking, and no peeling the sweet corn beforehand.
Slow Cooker Corn On The Cob is a hands-off way to make corn on the cob ahead of time and keep it warm too. Use multiple crockpots to make corn for a crowd.
- 6 ears corn on the cob, peeled
- 1 cup water
- 6 tsp butter
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Place the steam rack (or trivet) on the bottom of the Instant Pot. Stack the peeled corn on the cob on the rack and add the water.
- Cook on high pressure for 2-4 minutes. Then, quick release the pressure.
- Remove the cooked corn with tongs. Serve while warm with butter and salt.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 6 Servings
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 113Saturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 11mgSodium: 148mgCarbohydrates: 17gFiber: 2gSugar: 6gProtein: 3g