This Loaded Baked Potato Dip recipe is easy to make. A creamy dip with bacon is the perfect party appetizer when served with potato chips or waffle fries!
I’ve got a funny story about this recipe. I made this dip, shot the video, took the pictures and shared the dip with a bunch of middle school and high school kids. They loved it and I loved it. I edited the video and edited the pictures and then realized that I never added the shredded cheese to the dip!!
But NO ONE missed it. Not the kids, not me while I was eating it and not even while I was editing the video and photos. Moral of the story is that you can add shredded cheese to the dip but you probably won’t miss it if you don’t.
Disclaimer: This post contains links to products for making this recipe. If you use those links, I may earn a commission. Learn more here.
How To Make Loaded Baked Potato Dip
Step One: Bacon
Step Two: Ingredients
Put the sour cream, cream cheese, powdered ranch, garlic powder, chopped bacon and chopped chives in a bowl.
Step Three: Mix
Step Four: Garnish
Scoop the dip into a bowl and top with a little chopped bacon, chopped chives, and black pepper.
Cover the dip and refrigerate for at least one hour or overnight.
Serve with potato chips, waffle fries, french fries or baked potatoes. This Loaded Baked Potato Dip is so easy to whip up and I love that you can make it ahead of time. It’s a great appetizer to bring with when going to a friend’s house!
- Chop the cooked bacon and the chives. Set aside a little of each for garnish.
- Put the sour cream, cream cheese, powdered ranch, garlic powder, chopped bacon and chopped chives in a bowl. (Add shredded cheddar cheese if desired.) Mix until combined.
- Scoop the dip into a bowl and garnish with the chopped bacon and chopped chives that were set aside and black pepper.
- Cover the dip and refrigerate for at least one hour or overnight.
- Serve with potato chips or waffle fries.
Here are a few more dip recipes to try: