This Loaded Baked Potato Dip recipe is easy to make. A creamy dip with bacon is the perfect party appetizer when served with potato chips or waffle fries!
I’ve got a funny story about this recipe. I made this dip, shot the video, took the pictures and shared the dip with a bunch of middle school and high school kids. They loved it and I loved it. I edited the video and edited the pictures and then realized that I never added the shredded cheese to the dip!!
But NO ONE missed it. Not the kids, not me while I was eating it and not even while I was editing the video and photos. Moral of the story is that you can add shredded cheese to the dip but you probably won’t miss it if you don’t.
Disclaimer: This post contains links to products for making this recipe. If you use those links, I may earn a commission. Learn more here.
How To Make Loaded Baked Potato Dip
Step One: Bacon
Step Two: Ingredients
Put the sour cream, cream cheese, powdered ranch, garlic powder, chopped bacon and chopped chives in a bowl.
Step Three: Mix
Step Four: Garnish
Scoop the dip into a bowl and top with a little chopped bacon, chopped chives, and black pepper.
Cover the dip and refrigerate for at least one hour or overnight.
Loaded Baked Potato Dip FAQs:
1. What can I do if it is too thick? You could always add some more sour cream or even a little milk.
2. Can I make this dip ahead of time? Yes, this is a great recipe to make ahead of time. Store in the fridge in an airtight container.
3. What can I serve this with? Potato chips, waffle fries, french fries or baked potatoes would be a good option.
4. How long does it last? You can keep it in an airtight container in the fridge for about 2-3 days.
Here a few other dip recipes to try!
Cheesy Caprese Dip is one appetizer recipe your friends will beg you to make again with its mouthwatering combination of cheeses, basil, and tomatoes.
This Pepperoni Pizza Dip recipe is a party appetizer, potluck dish or even after school snack! It’s cheesy, spicy and perfect with crackers or breadsticks!
Try this appetizer recipe for Chili Cheese Skillet Dip with Garlic Cheese Bombs is perfect for serving at parties!
Hot Crab Dip from The Recipe Critic makes the perfect party appetizer. This delicious and addicting crab dip is ready in just 30 minutes and will instantly wow the entire crew!
Loaded Baked Potato Dip
- Chop the cooked bacon and the chives. Set aside a little of each for garnish.
- Put the sour cream, cream cheese, powdered ranch, garlic powder, chopped bacon and chopped chives in a bowl. (Add shredded cheddar cheese if desired.) Mix until combined.
- Scoop the dip into a bowl and garnish with the chopped bacon and chopped chives that were set aside and black pepper.
- Cover the dip and refrigerate for at least one hour or overnight.
- Serve with potato chips or waffle fries.