This S’mores Cookie Cups recipe for no-bake treats with chocolate and marshmallows is perfect for summer. No need for the oven or a campfire!
We’ve gone through countless packages of marshmallows, graham crackers, and Hershey’s bars this summer. From s’mores made over backyard bonfires to s’mores made into cakes and bars, it’s been a delicious summer so far. I’m excited to share these S’mores Cookie Cups, which don’t require you to turn on the oven which is great for the blistering dog days of summer.
In This Post
- Graham Crackers: The crust for the cookie cups is made with graham cracker crumbs!
- Butter: The melted butter moistens the graham cracker crumbs so that they stick together and hold the cup shape.
- Sugar: We added a little granulated sugar to the crust to sweeten it.
- Chocolate: The chocolate for the filling is Hershey’s Milk Chocolate Bars. You can use 1 1/2 cups of milk chocolate or semi-sweet chocolate chips instead of Hershey’s chocolate bars, but you’ll also need to increase the heavy cream to six tablespoons.
- Cream: Heavy whipping cream thins the chocolate and prevents it from becoming solid again.
- Topping: We put mini marshmallows on top, but you could also use a large marshmallow if you prefer.
How To Make S’mores Cookie Cups
Mix together crushed graham crackers, melted butter, and granulated sugar.
Divide the graham cracker crust mixture between the 24 mini muffin cups in a silicone pan. Use about one tablespoon of the graham cracker mixture per muffin cup. Press the crust onto the bottom and up the sides. I found that using the bottom of a rounded measuring spoon was easier than using my fingers.
Put Hershey’s Milk Chocolate Bar squares and heavy cream in a microwave-safe bowl. Heat for 30-45 seconds and then stir until smooth.
Fill the mini muffin cups with the chocolate ganache. I was able to put about one heaping teaspoon of melted chocolate in each cup.
I used my silicon mini muffin pan because the cookie cups were super easy to remove. If you don’t have a silicone mini muffin pan available, you can use a metal mini muffin pan but will want to put the pan in the freezer for 30 minutes before removing the smores cookie cups. You can use a thin knife or a spoon to help remove them.
Top each cookie cup with several mini marshmallows or one full-size marshmallow.
Use a kitchen torch to toast the marshmallow giving them the authentic s’mores flavor.
Make Ahead and Storage
Make Ahead: You can make these treats ahead of time and bring them with you to a backyard barbecue or picnic. Keep in mind that they need to be kept cool, though so that the chocolate doesn’t melt.
Storage: Store the no-bake smore cookie cups in an airtight container in the fridge for 4-5 days.
Frequently Asked Questions
Heat the chocolate and cream in the microwave for 30-45 and then stir until smooth. If the chocolate isn’t all melted after stirring, return the bowl to the microwave for a few seconds at a time, stirring after each interval. If the chocolate is too thick, try adding additional heavy cream, one tablespoon at a time.
You can make this recipe for s’mores cookie cups in a mini muffin tin. Or, if you prefer larger cookies, use a full-size muffin pan.
You can use the broiler to toast the marshmallows. Turn your oven’s broiler on high and toast the marshmallows for about 30 – 60 seconds, watching carefully because they toast really fast.
Yes, they would still be delicious, but they won’t have the same smore flavor. You could even try making them with a dollop of marshmallow cream on top!
More Smores Recipes
- S’more Pie Pops are smores on a stick wrapped inside a flaky pie crust.
- A No-Bake S’mores Cheesecake is smooth, creamy, and irresistible.
- These S’mores Bars have all the flavors of a s’more in a cookie bar form!
- Impress everyone with the delicious S’mores Cake!
- Smores Cookies have a toasted marshmallow on top.
No Bake S’mores Cookie Cups
Graham Cracker Crust:
- 7.75 oz Hershey’s Milk Chocolate Bars (five 1.55 oz bars or about 1 1/2 cups of chocolate bar segments)
- 4 tablespoon heavy cream
- 2 cups mini marshmallows
Graham Cracker Crust:
- Mix together crushed graham crackers, melted butter, and granulated sugar. Divide the graham cracker crust mixture between 24 mini muffin cups (about 1 tablespoon per muffin cup). I used a silicone mini muffin pan, see note two for metal pan instructions. Press the crust onto the bottom and up the sides.
- Put chocolate and heavy cream in a microwave-safe bowl. Heat for 30-45 seconds and then stir until smooth. Fill the graham cracker crusts in the mini muffin cups with the chocolate ganache (about 1 heaping teaspoon per muffin cup).
- Top each cookie cup with mini marshmallow and carefully toast the marshmallows with a kitchen torch.