This smooth and silky peanut butter pie has a hidden layer of chocolate, a crunchy peanut butter cookie crust and is topped with mini peanut butter cups!
We are a family of peanut butter lovers with peanut butter cups being up near the top of the list of our favorite candy bars. So, peanut butter pie was a huge win! The combination of the silky filling and crumbly pie crust is irresistible.
Disclaimer: Please note that some of the links in this post are affiliate links.
Bonus Recipe Tips:
- To keep this recipe as simple as possible, I used chocolate fudge ice cream topping but chocolate ganache would be amazing as the bottom layer. To make it bring 1/2 cup of heavy cream to a boil. Pour it over one cup of chocolate chips and allow it to sit for three minutes. Then, stir until smooth.
- If you don’t want to turn the oven on, press the crust into the pan and place it in the freezer to harden instead of baking it.
- The recipe calls for whipped topping (aka cool whip) but you can substitute equal amounts of whipped cream if you prefer.
- The melted peanut butter and chocolate drizzles will look more even when piped on the pie. Use a pastry bag or even a sandwich bag with the corner clipped off. Or a plastic squeeze bottle works great too!
My high school aged daughter ran home during a free period to pick up this pie to share with her friends. She had already shown them pictures of the peanut butter pie and they REALLY wanted some. So she ran into the house, grabbed the pie with paper plates, plastic forks and napkins. She told me the pie was gone in less than two minutes. Even her friend Genevieve like it and she has never found a pie she likes!
↑↑↑ Guess what?? You can now see the RECIPE IN ACTION, in the video above. ↑↑↑
- 25 peanut butter sandwich cookies
- 5 tbsp butter melted
- 3/4 cup chocolate fudge sauce
- 8 oz cream cheese softened
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 4 cups whipped topping aka cool whip
- 1/4 cup peanut butter melted
- 1/4 cup hot fudge sauce melted
- 1 1/2 cups whipped topping aka cool whip
- 18 mini peanut butter cups
Crush the peanut butter cookie sandwiches in a food processor or with a rolling pin. Stir in the melted butter and press into a deep-dish pie plate. Bake at 350°F for 8 minutes.
Warm the chocolate fudge sauce in the microwave until it is pourable. Spread over the crust. Place in the fridge to cool completely.
Beat the softened cream cheese for about two minutes until light and fluffy. Mix in the peanut butter, powdered sugar, and vanilla until combined. Stir in the whipped topping until smooth. Scoop into the cooled crust and spread out evenly.
Drizzle with melted peanut butter and hot fudge sauce.
Place a mini peanut butter cup in the center of each swirl. Refrigerate for at least one hour for firmer filling, or until ready to serve.