This hearty Pizza Soup is like comfort in a bowl with a creamy tomato base, mini pepperoni and lots of cheese served with homemade garlic and herb croutons.
My family likes all things pizza from macaroni and cheese pizza for dinner, tater tot breakfast pizza, pizza balls for an appetizer to mini fruit pizza for dessert. So making this pizza soup with homemade garlic and herb croutons was a no-brainer!
It’s got all the flavors and ingredients of a traditional pizza in a warm, comforting soup that is hard to resist.
Disclaimer: This post contains links to products for making this recipe. If you use those links, I may earn a commission. Learn more here.
How To Make Pizza Soup
(The printable recipe card is below. Directly under my recipe video.)
Put a jar of pasta sauce, a jar of pizza sauce, a can of condensed tomato soup, half-n-half, water, grated Parmesan, oregano, minced onion, garlic powder and black pepper in a large pot.
Stir the soup to combine. Warm over medium heat until the soup starts to bubble and is hot.
Remove from heat. Add the mini pepperoni and any other pizza toppings you want.
Add shredded mozzarella and cheddar cheese.
Stir until the cheese is melted.
How To Make Homemade Croutons
Put the cubed bread in a large skillet. Drizzle with olive oil. Sprinkle with Italian seasoning and garlic salt.
Cook over medium heat gently stirring and turning croutons until toasted and crunchy.
Pour the soup into bowls and top with additional shredded cheese and homemade garlic and herb croutons.
This pizza soup was a huge hit with my family! They love pizza, but there something about the flavors of pizza in a warm, cheesy soup topped with crunchy croutons that really hits the spot.
Pizza Soup Frequently Asked Questions
1. What kind of pasta sauce should I use? Use your favorite kind. My family doesn’t like a chunky sauce so I use a smooth sauce or blend the sauce up in a food processor to make it smooth. There are meat sauces, roasted garlic sauces, and four cheese sauces. They would all be delicious.
2. Can I use homemade pasta sauce? Yes! If you have the time to make your own sauce, go for it! You need 24 ounces or 3 cups of sauce for this recipe.
3. What about the pizza sauce? Same thing as above. Use your favorite store-bought pizza sauce or make your own. This recipe calls for 15 ounces or about 1 3/4 cups of pizza sauce.
4. What is half-n-half? Half and half is half whole milk and half light cream. In some countries, it is referred to as half cream.
5. Can I use milk instead of half-n-half? Yes, but the soup won’t be as creamy.
6. I can’t find mini pepperoni. Can I use regular pepperoni instead? Yes! Simply cut them into smaller pieces.
7. Can I leave the pepperoni out? Yes, we make a cheese version sometimes and love that too.
8. What about using other pizza toppings? Feel free to add in any of your favorite pizza toppings such as cooked sausage, diced peppers, mushrooms or black olives.
9. Can I substitute another kind of shredded cheese? Yes, you can use an equal amount of whatever shredded cheese you prefer.
10. Does this soup freeze well? Yes! This recipe makes more than our family can eat at one sitting so I always freeze the leftovers for another meal.
↑↑↑ Pizza Soup Video ↑↑↑
Pizza Soup with Homemade CroutonsPrint Pin Rate
- 24 oz jar pasta sauce
- 15 oz jar pizza sauce
- 10.75 oz can condensed tomato soup
- 1 1/4 cup half-n-half (known as half cream in some countries)
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp minced onion
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1 1/2 cups mini pepperoni (15 oz bag) or use diced pepperoni
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Put a jar of pasta sauce, a jar of pizza sauce, a can of condensed tomato soup, half-n-half, water, grated Parmesan, oregano, minced onion, garlic powder and black pepper in a large pot.
- Stir the soup to combine. Warm over medium heat, stirring often, until the soup starts to bubble and is hot.
- Remove from heat. Add the mini pepperoni and shredded mozzarella and cheddar cheese. Stir until the cheese is melted.
- Ladle the pizza soup into bowls. Top with shredded Parmesan cheese and homemade garlic and herb croutons.
Homemade Garlic and Herb Croutons:
- Put the cubed bread in a large skillet. Drizzle with olive oil. Sprinkle with Italian seasoning and garlic salt.
- Cook over medium heat gently stirring and turning croutons until toasted and crunchy.