Disclosure: This post is sponsored by Favado.
What are you grilling this weekend? I used our grill to take pictures of a grilling towel that I made (tutorial coming soon) and I also made Taco Dip on the grill! I love how it turned out and I saved money using my new Favado app. I plan to make it when we go camping this summer because it is so easy to make! Just layer the ingredients in a disposable foil pan and heat everything on the grill. Then, add a few toppings and enjoy with tortilla chips.
I love using BBQ marinades and grilling rub recipes, and serving the meat with delicious side dishes. What I don’t love, is how much it can cost for a particular cut of meat, or for a specific hard-to-find ingredient. Favado is here to help hack your summer BBQ and help you find the savings you need for all the ingredients for your backyard bash. This summer, you don’t have to break the bank to have a fabulous meal on the grill.
Favado will help you save big on your favorite meats, the condiments you need for your burgers and dogs, as well as quickly find the best prices on the veggies you need for kebabs or the fruit you need for your famous cobbler recipe. Let me show you how I Favado-Hacked this recipe. First, I search my Favado app for the ingredients to see where I could find the best price. I found Crystal Farms shredded cheese on sale at Coborn’s for $2.00. I touched the “Add to List” button and the button changed to “Added”. I continued searching for ingredients, adding Tostitos tortilla chips, Old Home Sour Cream, green onions and salsa Mexicana to my list.
To make the taco dip, I used fresh salsa, cilantro, sliced black olives, sour cream, avocado, shredded cheese, cooked chicken, cream cheese, black beans, powdered taco mix and green onions.
Cut the block of cream cheese in half and place the two pieces in a disposable foil pan. Top with fresh salsa and black beans.
Mix together the sour cream, shredded chicken and taco seasoning. Spread the chicken mixture over the black beans. Top with shredded cheese.
Add more fresh salsa. Grill on medium, with the lid shut, for 8-10 minutes or until the shredded cheese is melted and the cream cheese is softened.
Remove from the heat and top with diced avocado, sliced onions, sliced black olives (I completely forgot to add the olives) and chopped cilantro.
Surround the taco dip with tortilla chips and it is ready to serve. This easy grilling recipe is great for when you have guests over. Just heat it up and they can enjoy it as an appetizer while the rest of the food is being grilled!
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 1 cup fresh salsa divided
- 1/2 cup black beans drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup cooked chicken shredded
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons taco seasoning
- 1/2 cup Mexican style shredded cheese
- 1 avocado diced
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions
- 3 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 2 tablespoons sliced black olives
- 1 bag of tortilla chips
- Cut the block of cream cheese in half and place the two pieces in a disposable foil pan.
- Top with 1/2 cup of fresh salsa, drained and rinsed black beans.
- Mix together the sour cream, chicken and taco seasoning. Spread the chicken mixture over the black beans.
- Top with shredded taco cheese and 1/2 cup of fresh salsa.
- Grill on medium, with the lid shut, for 8-10 minutes or until the shredded cheese is melted and the cream cheese is softened.
- Remove from the heat and top with diced avocado, sliced onions, sliced black olives and chopped cilantro.