This Zucchini Bread recipe is the best way to use zucchini! Slather a warm slice of bread with butter and enjoy with a cup of coffee.
One of my best friend’s moms made zucchini bread when we were growing up. She was so well known for it in her small town that neighbors started paying her to make it for them!
Zucchini Bread Ingredients
This recipe calls for the same ingredients as other sweet bread with the addition of shredded zucchini. Scroll down for the complete recipe with ingredient measurements.
- Eggs: The eggs add moisture to the bread, help provide structure, and assist with leavening.
- Vegetable Oil: This recipe calls for vegetable oil for the fat. You can also use canola oil but do not use olive oil in this recipe because it will affect the flavor.
- Sugar: We used a combination of granulated sugar and brown sugar in this bread.
- Vanilla: The vanilla extract adds flavor to the recipe.
- Flour: All-purpose flour provides the structure.
- Leavener: We used both baking soda and baking powder for leavening the bread.
- Seasoning: This bread is seasoned with salt, ground cinnamon, and ground nutmeg.
- Zucchini: We used one cup of shredded zucchini which is about one medium zucchini.
How To Make Zucchini Bread
Making zucchini bread is a basic process. You’ll combine the oil and sugar, add the dry ingredients, stir in the zucchini, and bake. Scroll down for the printable recipe card and complete instructions.
- Mix: Beat together the eggs, oil, sugars, and vanilla until combined. This is done separately so that there is minimum mixing required once the dry ingredients are added.
- Dry Ingredients: The dry ingredients are mixed in a separate bowl to ensure that the leavening and seasonings are dispersed throughout the flour for even baking and flavor. Add this mixture to the wet ingredients and stir until combined.
- Shred: To shred the zucchini you can use a food processor or a box grater. Stir one cup of the shredded zucchini into the batter.
- Bake: Spread the batter in a prepared loaf pan and bake. Cool in the pan for about 20 minutes and then transfer the loaf to a wire rack to cool completely.
Frequently Asked Questions
No, you do not need to peel zucchini when using it to make bread.
The ingredients are similar to other sweet bread like eggs, oil, sugar, flour, baking powder, baking soda, and seasonings with the addition of shredded zucchini.
Both shredded and grated zucchini can be used for bread. We chose to shred the zucchini for our recipe.
Want more sweet bread recipes? Try these next:
With this one Pumpkin Bread recipe, you can make four loaves of bread! It makes mini loaves of gingerbread, cinnamon, cream cheese, and chocolate swirl pumpkin bread.
We make this Low Carb Banana Bread with chocolate chips at least once a month! It’s like eating traditional banana bread without the extra sugar.
This Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bread recipe is a fall favorite. We even use this recipe to make muffins as well!
Sweet Cornbread is delicious with a bowl of chili! This recipe is the cinnamon sugar version of traditional cornbread and it’s a little like having a slice of dessert with dinner.
Leave a Reply