This Chicken Alfredo Spaghetti Squash recipe is low carb comfort food that is easy to make. Your family won’t even miss the pasta!
Some days, I’m too busy or too lazy to make lunch for myself and I end up eating a protein bar. Other days, lunch is my favorite meal because I am at home alone and I can cook whatever I want! This recipe is a combination of two of my favorites: spaghetti squash and fettuccine alfredo. The recipe below is for an easy, quick alfredo sauce made in a skillet and then the cooked spaghetti squash and chicken are added before serving.
Start by cooking your spaghetti squash.
You can find my recipe here: How To Cook Spaghetti Squash In The Microwave
To make the sauce, melt butter in a skillet over medium heat. Add garlic and sage and cook for about one minute.
Stir in the flour and cook for about 1 minute, stirring constantly.
Whisk in the chicken broth and then the cream. Stir in the cream cheese and Parmesan cheese until smooth.
Add the cooked spaghetti squash and the cooked, shredded chicken. (I used part of a rotisserie chicken.)
Taste the chicken alfredo spaghetti squash. Then, season with salt, pepper, and parsley. I love making this recipe for lunch and I save the leftovers for the next day. If I don’t have any chicken on hand, I make it without and it is still so delicious!
↑↑↑ Guess what?? You can now see the RECIPE IN ACTION, in the video above. ↑↑↑
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 tsp garlic, minced (2 cloves)
- 1 tsp sage
- 2 tbsp flour
- 1 cup chicken broth
- ½ cup half and half (also known as half cream)
- 4 oz cream cheese, cubed
- ½ cup Parmesan cheese, shredded
- ½ cup chicken, cooked and shredded
- 2½ cups spaghetti squash, cooked
- Salt, pepper, and parsley, to taste
- Melt butter in a skillet over medium heat.
- Add garlic and sage and cook for about one minute.
- Stir in the flour and cook for about one minute, stirring constantly.
- Whisk in the chicken broth and then the half and half.
- Stir in the cream cheese and Parmesan cheese until smooth.
- Add the cooked spaghetti squash and the cooked, shredded chicken. Cook until heated through.
- Taste the chicken alfredo spaghetti squash. Then, season with salt, pepper, and parsley.
Updated original recipe shared April 2015