Looking for kid friendly recipes? Macaroni and Cheese Pizza is sure to please. This easy recipe takes a classic to a whole new level.
Do you love cheese as much as we do? There’s nothing like a bowl of warm, comforting macaroni and cheese. It is the first meal Brian ever made me. While we were dating, he told me about how his mom would make him homemade mac n’ cheese that was extra creamy, almost like cheesy soup. I had never eaten macaroni and cheese like that so one evening he made it for me and it was delicious. Since pizza is another one of our favorite things to eat, I combined the two and made macaroni and cheese pizza!
Start by making 3 cups of macaroni and cheese. I was in a hurry so I made a boxed version of macaroni shells and cheese instead of making the homemade version. Once box made 3 cups of mac n’ cheese. Add 3 slices of American cheese and 1/4 cup of milk to make a little more cheese sauce.
Place a premade pizza crust on a pizza pan and brush with olive oil. I used Mama Mary’s.
Spread the macaroni and cheese on the crust and top with 1/2 cup of shredded cheese.
Bake at 450 degrees for 7 – 10 minutes (or longer depending on who golden you want the cheese to be).
There is a restaurant near our house that makes Macaroni and Cheese Pizza. When we tried some of it recently, we all agreed that my version is way better than the restaurant version! If you are looking for Macaroni and Cheese Pizza toppings, the restaurant offers bacon as a topping, as well as sliced corn dogs!
- 1 box of shells and cheese (cheese sauce is in the package)
- 3 slices American Cheese
- ¼ cup milk
- 1 premade pizza crust
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ½ cup shredded cheese
- Start by making the macaroni and cheese according to the package. (Or make homemade mac n' cheese, if preferred)
- Add 3 slices of American cheese and ¼ cup of milk to make a little more cheese sauce. Stir over low heat until melted.
- Brush pizza crust with olive oil.
- Top with macaroni and cheese.
- Sprinkle with shredded cheese.
- Bake at 450 degrees for 7-10 minutes.