This Caramel Apple In A Jar is perfect for a fall party or to give as a gift. The jar includes caramels, mini M&Ms, and a small apple!
Last weekend was the first day of autumn and that calls for a special treat. This caramel apple is super cute, but the best part is that that caramel apple can be made in the jar!
How to Make A Caramel Apple In A Jar
To assemble the jars, gather mini M&M’s, wrapped caramels, jars, baker’s twine, lollipop sticks, and small apples.
Dump the mini M&M’s into the jar.
Top with 12 wrapped caramels.
Add the lid, top with the apple, and tie on some twine. Add a lollipop stick and the printed recipe, if desired.
To make the caramel apple in the jar, remove the mini M&M’s and place them in the lid. Unwrap the caramels and put them back into the jar. Add 1 teaspoon of water to the jar and put it in the microwave for 60 seconds at 50% power.
Stir and microwave for another 15-30 seconds at 50% power and stir until smooth. Be sure to watch very carefully. (Unfortunately, I know from experience that cooking it too long will cause the caramel to boil over and burn!) Put a lollipop stick into the washed and dried apple.
Put the apple into the caramel in the jar. Use a knife to spread additional caramel over the entire apple.
Dip and roll the caramel apple into the mini M&M’s.
Fill in any empty places by adding M&M’s with your fingers. Gently press mini M&M’s into the caramel and set it on a piece of parchment paper.
These would be so fun to make for a fall party to give as party favors!
Frequently Asked Questions
I used Kerr Half-Pint Wid Mouth mason jars. They are big enough to hold the caramels and M&M’s. Plus, they have a wide mouth so that the small apples will fit.
I got these apples from my mom’s tree and I love that there are still a couple of leaves attached. Small apples are often easy to find in the fall. If you can’t find small enough ones, melt the caramel in a bowl instead of the jar.
More Apple Recipes
- These outstanding Apple Bars are a hit with family and friends!
- Caramel Apple Truffles have delicious fall flavors packed into every bite.
- Puff Pastry Apple Tart with a crispy, flaky crust and tender apple slices!
- This Apple Cobbler is so simple to make with just 4 ingredients.
Caramel Apple In A Jar
- 12 wrapped caramels
- 1/4 cup mini M&M’s
- 1 teaspoon water
- 1 small apple
- Remove the caramels from the jar and set them aside.
- Transfer the mini M&M's to the upside-down jar lid.
- Unwrap the caramels and place them in the mason jar.
- Add the water and microwave for 60 seconds at 50% power. Stir and microwave for another 15-30 seconds at 50% power and stir until smooth. Be sure to watch very carefully.
- Insert a lollipop stick into the apple.
- Dip the apple in the melted caramel. Use a knife to add caramel to the entire apple.
- Dip and roll the caramel apple in the mini M&M’s.
- Fill in any empty places by adding M&M’s with your fingers.
- Gently press mini M&M’s into the caramel and set it on a piece of parchment paper.