This Bacon Mac and Cheese Bites recipe is a cheesy appetizer that everyone loves. Make for your next party or surprise your family with these for dinner!
When it comes to appetizers what could be better than combining macaroni and cheese with bacon? These Bacon Mac and Cheese Bites can be prepared ahead of time and warmed up right before serving. Or make them as a fun dinner for your family!
Disclaimer: This post contains links to products for making this recipe. If you use those links, I may earn a commission. Learn more here.
Where is the Mini Fruit Pizza recipe? In this post, I will share step-by-step instructions with photos for how to make the fruit pizza, as well as answering FAQs about the recipe and sharing a short video showing the recipe in motion. But you can go directly to the recipes by scrolling down to the bottom of the post
**Note: I’ve gotten a few questions about the bottom of the muffin pan in this photo. The only thing in the bottom of the pan is cooking spray oil. The reflection of light is making it look more noticeable.
Step One: Line The Muffin Pan
First, grease the muffin pan cups using cooking spray. Line the cups with precooked bacon, I used Homel Black Label Fully Cooked Bacon. This is our favorite precooked bacon and I love that it comes in a large package so there is enough for everyone in the family to have it for several meals.
Step Two: Fill With Mac and Cheese
Fill the cups with macaroni and cheese. You can use your favorite homemade recipe or used the boxed kind. I used Annie’s Shells and White Cheddar Macaroni and Cheese and added one cup of finely shredded cheddar cheese. I had about 2 1/2 cups of mac and cheese to divide.
Step Three: Sprinkle and Bake
Sprinkle the mac ‘n cheese with Italian panko. I used Progresso Italian Panko Style Breadcrumbs. Bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes. Serve these tasty bites while warm.
Bacon Mac and Cheese Bites FAQs
1. Can this recipe be prepared ahead of time? Yes, this cheesy party appetizer can be prepared ahead of time and warmed up in the microwave or toaster oven before serving.
2. Can you cook bacon and use it instead of buying the precooked kind? Yes, just make sure to stop cooking it while it is still pliable enough to line the muffin pan with.
3. Can these be frozen? You can make these ahead of time, cover and freeze them. When ready to eat, pull them out of the freezer, cover them with foil and warm at 400 degrees F.
4. Could these be kept warm in a slow cooker? I would not recommend warming them in a slow cooker. This is because they could start falling apart, bacon could get soggy and the mac and cheese dry out.
Looking For More Cheesy Appetizer Recipes?
This Bloomin’ Garlic Cheese Biscuits recipe is sure to be a family favorite. This cheesy pull apart bread can be an appetizer, game day snack or side dish.
These deep fried white cheddar cheese curds are the BEST appetizer and the perfect comfort food!
Easy Baked Mozzarella Cheese Sticks Recipe that is perfect for an after school snack, party appetizer and game day. Super simple to make with string cheese!
Take pizza night to the next level with Macaroni and Cheese Pizza. This mac ‘n cheese pizza recipe is easy to make for a fun family dinner!
These homemade Buffalo Ranch Mozzarella Sticks are perfect for serving as an appetizer at parties!
Cheese Bombs! These cheese filled biscuits have a delicious crunchy coating with warm, melted cheese on the inside!
These Easy Ham and Cheese Sliders by Real Housemoms are a combination of ham and swiss cheese baked between soft, buttery rolls for the best game day appetizer.
- Line a greased muffin pan with slices of precooked bacon.
- Divide the macaroni and cheese between the cups in the muffin pan.
- Sprinkle with breadcrumbs.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes.
- Allow the bacon mac and cheese cups to set and cool a bit in the pan before removing them.