Here’s my Adobo Peppers Chipotle Sauce that can be used like any taco sauce. It is perfect on top of tacos or poured over chopped chipotle chicken.
I came up with this adobo peppers chipotle sauce when I needed to add some liquid to my chipotle chicken in a slow cooker. I didn’t want to add just chicken broth because I was worried it would take away from the chipotle flavor.
This sauce recipe is similar to the chipotle chicken marinade so it kept the same original flavors but gave the chopped chicken an added boost as well as keeping it juicy at the same time!
Where is the adobo peppers chipotle sauce recipe? In this post, I will share step-by-step instructions with photos for how to make the sauce, as well as answering FAQs about the recipe and sharing a short video showing the recipe in motion. But you can go directly to the recipe by scrolling down to the bottom of the post.
Put all of the tomato sauce, adobo sauce, olive oil, lime juice, ancho chili powder, ground cumin, dried oregano, onion powder, garlic powder, ground coriander, black peppers, and sea salt into a bowl or glass measuring cup and mix together.
What is adobo sauce and where do I get it?
The adobo sauce I used in this chipotle chicken recipe is from a can of chipotle peppers canned in adobo sauce. Simply move the chipotle peppers aside and scoop out the sauce.
If you prefer to use homemade adobo sauce, here is a recipe to try.
Then, whisk in the chicken broth. If you want a thicker sauce, add less chicken broth and if you want a thinner sauce you can use more.
Finally, pour the sauce into a glass bottle or mason jar and store in the fridge.
Adobo Peppers Chipotle Sauce FAQs
1. Is this like a taco sauce? Yes, this adobo peppers chipotle sauce can be poured over chicken, beef, or pork tacos like a taco sauce.
2. Can this be used as a marinade? This sauce would make a fabulous chicken marinade. Put the chicken and the sauce in a gallon sized zip top bag and marinate for 30 minutes before cooking.
3. How long does this sauce last? This sauce can be stored in the fridge for 4-5 days or up to 3 months in the freezer.
More Sauce Recipes To Try
This Stir Fry Sauce recipe can be used for vegetables, chicken, beef, shrimp, and pork. It is super easy to make and totally adaptable. Store in the fridge or freezer for later!
The General Tso Sauce in this chicken recipe is perfect for general tso chicken, of course, but it can also be used as a marinade or poured over roasted veggies.
This Blueberry Sauce recipe is easy to make and so delicious on everything from ice cream to pancakes. You can use fresh or frozen blueberries.
Adobo Peppers Chipotle Sauce
- 2 tablespoon tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoon adobo sauce (from a can of chipotle peppers)
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoon lime juice
- 2 teaspoon ancho chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon ground coriander
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- ½ cup chicken broth
- Put all of the ingredients into a glass measuring cup or bowl and whisk to combine.
- Store in a glass bottle or mason jar in the fridge.