Two Ingredient Dough Breadsticks are the perfect side dish for pasta night! They’re EASY to make with no yeast and no waiting for dough to rise!
Whether you are looking for an easy bread to serve with dinner or are on Weight Watchers and need a low SmartPoints bread fix, these two ingredient dough breadsticks are the perfect thing to make! They are super easy to make and no one will know that the dough includes Greek yogurt.
But before we get started on the recipe, I want to make something clear (since someone always gets mad about this) the DOUGH for the breadsticks is made with only two ingredients. I like to increase the flavor of the breadsticks by brushing them with garlic butter. That increases the total number of ingredients, for making the breadsticks EXACTLY like I did, to four.
Disclaimer: This post contains links to products for making this recipe. If you use those links, I may earn a commission. Learn more here.
Where is the Two Ingredient Dough Breadsticks recipe? In this post, I will share step-by-step instructions with photos for how to make the breadsticks, as well as answering FAQs about the recipe and sharing a short video showing the recipe in motion. But you can go directly to the recipe by scrolling down to the bottom of the post.
How To Make Two Ingredient Dough Breadsticks
Step One: Two Ingredients
The dough for these breadsticks couldn’t be easier to make! All you need to do is mix up the self-rising flour and Greek yogurt.
Don’t worry if you don’t have self-rising flour, you can easily make it yourself. For one cup of self-rising flour, whisk together one cup of all-purpose flour, 1 1/2 teaspoons of baking powder and 1/4 teaspoon of salt.
Step Two: Mixing
I like making my dough in my stand mixer and dough hook attachment because it does most of the kneading for me. If you want to get a little workout in while doing your baking, mix and knead the dough by hand.
Step Three: Knead
Once the dough is ready, dump it out of the bowl and onto a floured surface. Knead it a couple of times and form a loaf shape.
I like to use a silicone mat for this step but a floured cutting board or countertop work too.
Step Four: Slice
Next, cut the dough into as many pieces as you want breadsticks. I want to make thicker, rounder breadsticks so I cut it into six segments.
Step Five: Roll
Once the dough has been divided use both hands to roll the breadsticks out to the length and thickness you desire.
Step Six: Bake
Cover the baking sheet with parchment paper for easy cleanup and to prevent sticking or spray your baking sheet with cooking spray.
These breadsticks took about 13 minutes in my oven. The baking time may vary depending on the number and thickness of your breadsticks.
Step Seven: Garlic Butter
We love to brush the baked breadsticks with garlic butter. My kids also love adding grated Parmesan on top.
Of course, this isn’t a low points option if you are doing WW. As an alternative, I would suggest using a little butter spray (or butter alternative) and then sprinkling them with garlic salt.
Two Ingredient Dough Breadsticks Recipe FAQs
1) Can you share how to make self-rising flour? To make one cup of self-rising flour, put one cup of all-purpose flour, 1 1/2 teaspoons of baking powder and 1/4 teaspoon of salt in a bowl and stir to combine.
2) What brand of plain Greek yogurt do you suggest? You can use whatever kind is available at your local grocery store. I’ve made two ingredient dough with Fage, Oikos, and the store brand and haven’t noticed a difference.
3) Do I have to use plain, fat-free, Greek yogurt for this recipe? No, you can use full fat, 2% or 5% if you prefer but they are not on the zero points list.
4) Can I use other kinds of yogurt? Yes, my readers have reported making two ingredient dough with whole milk yogurt and even buttermilk (though more flour was needed for that one).
5) What should I do if the dough is way too sticky? Knead in a little more flour at a time until it is workable.
6) Can I make these two-ingredient dough breadsticks without a mixer? Yes! Stir the self-rising flour and Greek yogurt together until combined. Turn it out onto a floured surface and knead until smooth.
7) How many Weight Watchers points is this two ingredient dough? I don’t have a points calculator but I’ve read online that one batch of this two ingredient dough is 12 smart points (for the WHOLE BATCH). So if you make 6 breadsticks, they are 2 points each without any toppings.
Love Two Ingredient Dough Recipes? Try These Next:
Garlic Herb Bagels Two Ingredient Dough: Super easy Garlic Herb Bagels Recipe made with two ingredient dough. No yeast and no waiting for the dough to rise! These chewy bagels are perfect toasted with cream cheese for breakfast or fill them with meat and cheese for a sandwich at lunch.
Two Ingredient Dough Garlic Cheddar Rolls: Two Ingredient Dough Garlic Cheddar Rolls are cheesy inside with garlic butter on top. They’re a delicious, cheesy side that can be served with so many meals.
Two Ingredient Dough Pretzel Bites: Two Ingredient Dough Pretzel Bites are SUPER EASY to make with no yeast and no waiting for the dough to rise. Just mix the dough, cut nuggets, dip in baking soda water and bake!
Two Ingredient Dough Naan Flatbread: Serve Two Ingredient Dough Naan Flatbread as a side or turn it into mini pizzas or sandwich wraps! It’s EASY to make with no yeast and no waiting for dough to rise!