Pumpkin desserts taste even better with chocolate. These Pumpkin Nutella Swirl Bars with Cinnamon Cream Cheese Frosting are the perfect combination!
I can’t believe that September is already halfway over! I was thinking that it was still the beginning of the month when it suddenly dawned on me that is is already the 20th! Sunday is the official start of fall. So, today I’m wishing you a Happy Fall and many more delicious pumpkin desserts before winter arrives!
A couple of days ago, I shared how I went about taking photos of my Pumpkin Nutella Swirl Bars with Cinnamon Cream Cheese Frosting but left you hanging without the recipe! I didn’t want to make that blog post too long, so I am sharing the recipe today. The starting point of these bars is a basic, yet delicious pumpkin bars recipe that my friend made earlier this month. I love pumpkin but I wanted to add another favorite of mine to the bars…chocolate! So, I added Nutella!
I mixed up the pumpkin bars batter, removed 2 cups of batter and mixed in 1 cup of Nutella. I spread the plain pumpkin batter into the pan and then added spoonfuls of the Nutella and pumpkin batter. I used a knife to gently swirl the two layers. The bars are deliciously moist and they were a hit at our family dinner!
- Cream together eggs, pumpkin and oil.
- Add flour, baking soda, salt, baking powder, cinnamon, sugar, ginger and nutmeg.
- Remove 2 cups of batter and mix in Nutella.
- Spread pumpkin batter in greased jelly roll pan (16x12x1).
- Drop spoonfuls of the pumpkin and Nutella mixture over the pumpkin batter.
- Gently swirl with a knife.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes.