This Chipotle Chicken Salad is bursting with flavor! It’s topped with chicken, veggies, beans, corn, hot honey, and chipotle ranch dressing.
Make this chipotle chicken salad for a weekday lunch, an easy dinner, or bring it to a backyard barbecue or potluck. You can even put the toppings in separate bowls and serve the salad buffet style so that each person can make their salad the way they want it.
Chipotle Chicken Salad Ingredients
Here are the ingredients we choose to make this chipotle chicken salad but this is a great opportunity to use what you have on hand so feel free to swap things out as you see fit. Scroll down for the complete recipe with ingredient measurements.
- Lettuce: We used a spring mix of lettuce to make this salad. You can use any lettuce you prefer.
- Veggies: For the veggies, we used corn, bell peppers, tomatoes, and onions.
- Chicken: The crispy chicken on this salad is warm sliced air fryer chicken tenders (recipe here). Another great option would be to use grilled chipotle chicken (recipe here).
- Toppings: We also topped the salad with sliced avocado, black beans, and tortilla strips.
- Cheese: Shredded pepper jack cheese is perfect for this salad but you could also use Monterey Jack or cheddar.
- Dressing: For the dressing, we used homemade chipotle ranch dressing (recipe here) and hot honey (recipe here) but the store-bought versions would work too.
How To Make Chipotle Chicken Salad
Simply prep the ingredients, assemble the salad, and add the dressing. The step that takes the longest is chopping the veggies so if you are short on time look for pre-chopped options at your grocery store. Scroll down for the printable recipe card and complete instructions.
- Chop: Prepare all of the ingredients by chopping the veggies, rinsing and draining the black beans and corn, and mixing up the salad dressing (if using homemade).
- Assemble: Start with the lettuce and then add all of the toppings. If you are preparing this chipotle chicken salad ahead of time, wait until serving time to add the avocado, shredded cheese, chicken, and tortilla strips.
- Dress: You can add the hot honey and chipotle ranch dressing to the whole bowl of salad or leave it out so that each person can add their own.
Chipotle Chicken Salad Frequently Asked Questions
It is made of lettuce, tomatoes, bell peppers, corn, black beans, onions, avocado, cheese, tortilla strips, chicken, hot honey, and chipotle ranch dressing.
Yes, you can prepare the salad ahead of time but leave the chicken, salad dressing, hot honey, avocado, cheese, and tortilla strips separate and add them right before serving.
We usually use sliced crispy chicken tenders or grilled chipotle chicken but you can use any chicken you prefer.
What To Serve With This Salad
This salad can be served as a main dish or as a side! Here are a few things that it would go well with:
Indian Tacos, also known as Navajo tacos, are made on fry bread with meat, lettuce, cheese, and tomatoes.
This Slow Cooker Taco Soup recipe is so easy to make and so flavorful. Just brown the meat, put everything in the crockpot to cook, and then just stir! Serve with corn chips.
Tater Tot Taco Pizza is a mouthwatering combo of two of your favorite eats: tacos and pizza! The tater tot crust makes this dinner recipe even more fun.
Want more salad recipes? Try these next:
Here’s the best Cobb Salad recipe topped with chicken, hard-boiled eggs, bacon, tomatoes, avocado, cheese, homemade croutons, and ranch dressing!
This Taco Salad recipe is topped with tomatoes, corn, beans, taco meat, onions, cheese, and easy-to-make creamy salsa dressing.
A 7 Layer Salad is a pretty way to prepare a salad for a dinner party or potluck. It is very customizable and can be prepared ahead of time.
Leave a Reply