Tater Tot Taco Pizza is a mouthwatering combo of two of your favorite eats: tacos and pizza! The tater tot crust makes this dinner recipe even more fun.
There is a pizza shop in our area that makes some fun versions of the classic pizza and one of them in a Taco Pizza.
I already have a Taco Pizza recipe on my website but I wanted to make another version with a yummy twist. Instead of the traditional pizza crust, I made a tater tot crust for this Tater Tot Taco Pizza!
Disclaimer: This post contains links to products for making this recipe. If you use those links, I may earn a commission. Learn more here.
How To Make Tater Tot Taco Pizza
Step One: Tater Tots
Step Two: Toppings
Remove the tater tots from the oven and flatten them with a spatula. Top with one cup of shredded cheese and the taco meat mixture.
Drizzle with taco sauce. Finish it off with another cup of shredded cheese. Bake for an additional 10-15 minutes at 425°.
Step Three: Garnish
Remove from the oven and top with shredded lettuce, crushed Doritos or tortilla chips, diced tomatoes, and shredded cheese.
This delicious Tater Tot Taco Pizza can easily be customized to include all of your favorite taco add-ins from black beans and peppers to sour cream and cilantro.
Tater Tot Taco Pizza Recipe FAQs
1. Can this be made in a 9×13″ pan instead? Yes, you can make it in a 9×13″ pan but keep in mind that you will probably need more ingredients to cover the pan.
2. Would this work on a cookie sheet? If you want to go the cookie sheet route, I would suggest using one with sides since this recipe is a kind of greasy and you don’t want the grease to run off of the pan into your oven.
3. Can I use regular tater tots instead of the crownies? Yes, it will just be a bit more bumpy.
4. Can I use hashbrowns instead of tater tots? If you mean hashbrown patties or rectangles, those would work. As far as shredded hashbrowns go, they would probably work for the bottom but wouldn’t be very crispy.
5. Do I have to use a cast iron pan? No, I used mine to help get the tater tots crispy but you can use another casserole dish of your choice.
- 1/2 cup shredded lettuce
- 1/2 cup crushed Doritos or tortilla chips
- 1/3 cup diced tomatoes
- 1/4 cup shredded cheese
- Cover the bottom and sides of a greased 12-inch cast iron skillet or oven-safe pan with tater tot crowns.
- Bake at 425° for 15 minutes.
- While the tater tots are baking, brown the ground beef and drain the fat. Add water, diced tomatoes, taco seasoning, and minced onion. Stir and cook for 3-4 minutes, until thickened.
- Remove the tater tots from the oven and flatten them with a spatula.
- Top with one cup of shredded cheese and the taco meat mixture. Drizzle with taco sauce. Finish it off with another cup of shredded cheese.
- Bake for an additional 10-15 minutes at 425°.
- Remove from the oven and top with shredded lettuce, crushed Doritos or tortilla chips, diced tomatoes, and shredded cheese.
Hungry for more? Try these pizza recipes: