You’ll love this crispy, juicy Air Fryer Chicken Tenders recipe. Skip the drive-thru and make the best chicken tenders at home!
Air fryer chicken tenders are so easy to make and are ready in 20 minutes! Serve them as an appetizer or as a family-friendly meal. They are delicious with waffle fries and chipotle ranch or can be sliced and served on a salad.
Air Fryer Chicken Tender Ingredients
To make air fryer chicken tenders you’ll need chicken breasts, melted butter, and breading ingredients. You can use different kinds of breadcrumbs and spices to make various kinds of chicken tenders. Scroll down for the complete recipe with ingredient measurements.
- Chicken: We used boneless, skinless chicken breasts that we cut into strips. You could also use chicken tenderloins.
- Butter: The melted butter makes the breading stick to the chicken, adds flavor, and helps the chicken get crispy.
- Breadcrumbs: We used two kinds of breadcrumbs to make these chicken tenders. Panko bread crumbs are larger in size and are more crispy. The other kind is breadcrumbs with Italian seasonings added.
- Parmesan: The grated parmesan cheese adds flavor and helps the breading get crispy.
- Seasonings: We seasoned the breading with garlic powder, Italian seasoning, black pepper, and salt.
How To Make Air Fryer Chicken Tenders
To make this recipe you’ll need to slice the chicken into strips, coat it with breading, and then cook it in the air fryer. Scroll down for the printable recipe card and complete instructions.
- Prep: To prep the chicken, start by placing the chicken breasts between sheets of parchment paper and pounding them to an even thickness. Then, cut each one into four strips.
- Coat: Dip the strips into the melted butter and then coat them with the breading.
- Cook: Place the chicken tenders in a lightly greased basket and bake them for 18-20 minutes.
Air Fryer Chicken Tenders Frequently Asked Questions
Cook chicken tenders in a single layer for 8-10 minutes per side (to an internal temperature of 165˚F).
Preheat your air fryer to 380˚F and then cook the chicken tenders at 380˚F for 16-20 minutes or until they reach an internal temperature of 165˚F.
Yes, bake them in an oven at 400˚F for 20-25 minutes, until cooked through.
Garlic Parmesan Chicken Tenders are oven-baked and so easy to make. They are crunchy and flavorful on the outside and tender and juicy on the inside.
My family loves this thirty-minute, crispy Lemon Pepper Chicken Tenders recipe. We often enjoy them with buttered noodles.
These Key Lime Chicken Tenders have a crunchy coating and a light lime flavor. The chicken is tender and juicy with a little taste of summer.
Want more air fry recipes? Try these next:
These Air Fryer Chicken Breasts are juicy, flavorful, and done in 15 minutes! It’s the easiest way to cook the perfect chicken breasts.
Air Fryer Corn On The Cob with tender, toasted kernels is easy to make without turning the oven on! Serve with plenty of butter and salt.
This crispy Air Fryer Chicken Wings recipe is a crowd favorite! So easy to make and full of flavor. Coat with sauce and watch them disappear.
Leave a Reply