These adorable Christmas Cones have a fun surprise inside! The Santa cones, Elf cones, and Gnome cones are filled with candy and sprinkles.
The Christmas cones are a great way to let your kids help with holiday baking! They can each choose a cone to make and decorate it however they want to.
Santa Christmas Cones
We had so many ideas for these Christmas Cone but had to narrow the selections down to only a few and Santa had to be included! These Santa Cones are totally edible from the decorations on the outside to the candy on the inside.
Santa Cones Ingredients
To make the Santa Christmas Cones, you’ll need ice cream cones, decorations, and fillings! Scroll down for the complete recipe with ingredient measurements.
- Ice Cream Cones: We used regular sugar cones for this recipe because of the pointy tips. You could use cake cones if you want a flat hat. Or use waffles cones to make a HUGE version.
- Candy Wafers: You’ll need both red and white candy wafers (also know as candy melts) to decorate these Santas.
- Marshmallows: This recipe calls for two kinds of marshmallows: mini marshmallows and dehydrated marshmallow bits. The mini marshmallows go on the top and on the hat brim. And the dehydrated marshmallow bits are used to make Santa’s beard.
- Sprinkles: We used eyeball sprinkles for the eyes and a round red sprinkle for the nose.
- Candy: Santa is filled with red and white candy and sprinkles of various kinds.
- Cookies: The candy is held inside the cones by a cookie. We found that golden Oreo thins were the perfect size and color.
How To Make Santa Cones
There are three steps to making the Santa Christmas Cones: decorate, fill, and seal. Let your kids join in on the fun by allowing them to decorate their own cones. Scroll down for the printable recipe card and complete instructions.
- Decorate: Use the melted candy wafers to make Santa’s hat and beard. Then use it to attach the marshmallows and sprinkles.
- Fill: Once the candy coating has hardened, place the cones in glass and fill the them with red and white candies and sprinkles.
- Seal: Use melted white candy wafers to attach the golden oreo thins over the opening sealing the candy inside.
Christmas Gnome Cones
I love all of the little holiday gnomes so of course, we had to make gnome cones. The cones are the perfect shape for tall pointed gnome hats.
Gnome Cones Ingredients
For the Gnome Christmas Cones, we used ice cream cones, candy melts, sprinkles, cotton candy, and fillings!
- Ice Cream Cones: Sugar cones are perfect for these treats because the cones are pointy. If you want a flat hat, try using cake cones. Or use waffles cones to make a HUGE gnome.
- Candy Wafers: We used blue and white candy wafers to decorate the gnomes.
- Cotton Candy: To make the gnome’s beards we used cotton candy. You could also use marshmallows like we did when making the santa cones.
- Sprinkles: We used snowflake sprinkles to decorate the hat and various sprinkles inside the cones.
- Candy: The gnomes are filled with blue and white candy and sprinkles of various kinds. A round pink candy is used to make a large nose. You can buy pink candies or make noses like I did for my gnome cookies recipe.
- Cookies: The candy is held inside the Christmas cones by a golden Oreo thin cookie.
How To Make Gnome Cones
- Hat: Spread melted blue candy wafers over half of the cone to create the gnome hat. Attach snowflake sprinkles with melted white candy wafers.
- Beard: Attach pieces of white cotton candy and a pink nose with melted white candy wafers.
- Filling: Fill the Christmas cone with white and blue candy and sprinkles. Seal them inside by covering the opening with a cookie.
Christmas Elf Cones
Where would Santa be without his elves? These Elf cones are so colorful and are sure to bring a smile to your face.
Elf Cone Ingredients
To make the Christmas elf cones, you’ll need sugar cones, candy wafers, decorations, and cookies.
- Ice Cream Cones: For this recipe we used regular sugar cones because of the pointy tips. If you want to make a larger version, try using waffle cones. Or you could use cake cones if you want a flat hat.
- Candy Wafers: You’ll need red, green, white, and black candy wafers to make the elves. They are used for decorating and for attaching candy.
- Marshmallows: This recipe calls for two kinds of marshmallows: mini marshmallows and large marshmallow. The mini marshmallows go on the top of the hat. And the large marshmallow are used to make the elves ears.
- Candy: The candy is used for filling the elves as well as decorating the outsides of the Christmas cones.
- Cookies: We use golden oreo thins to hold the candy inside the cones.
How To Make Elf Cones
- Elf Hat: Spread melted green candy wafers over half of the cone to make the hat. Attach a mini marshmallow to the point and use a Nerd’s rope to make the brim.
- Face: Make eyes and a mouth with melted black candy wafers and attach a red candy nose. Cut the large marshmallows with kitchen shears and attach them to the sides of the face for ears.
- Collar: Make a cheerful collar by cutting a red Fruit-By-The-Foot and attaching it to the bottom of the cone.
- Filling: Fill the Christmas cones with red, green, and white candies and sprinkles. Hold them inside by attaching a cookie over the opening.
Christmas Cones Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, you can make them ahead of time and store them in an airtight container or bag.
Try making a snowman (the cake cones would work well when making Frosty the snowman), reindeer, and Christmas trees.
Yes, you can use chocolate chips or baking chips instead of candy wafers but you will be limited by the available colors.
Want more fun holiday treat recipes? Try these next:
These edible Hot Chocolate Cookie Cups made with sugar cookie dough are filled with hot chocolate ganache, have a pretzel handle and mini marshmallows on top!
Cheerful Snowman Meringue Cookies are crunchy, airy, melt-in-your-mouth treats. Place in a mug of hot chocolate to make a melting snowman!
Mini Candy Houses are EASY to make, FUN to decorate, and look ADORABLE served at holiday parties. Kids LOVE to help make these BITE-SIZED gingerbread houses!
Snow Globe Christmas Treats are a cute, edible craft that is easy to make. They are snow globe cookies made with Hostess Snoballs and marshmallow snowmen.