Juicy Cilantro Lime Chicken is bursting with flavor! Cook it on the grill or stovetop for an easy weeknight dinner with rice and veggies.
My whole family loves this cilantro lime chicken and I love how easy it is to prepare. In the winter, I like to make it on the stovetop using a cast-iron grill pan and in the summer I like to make it on our grill.
To make the cilantro lime marinade, mix together full fat, plain greek yogurt, lime juice, minced cilantro, minced garlic, ground cumin, salt, and pepper.
Coat both sides of the boneless, skinless chicken breasts with the marinade. Cover the chicken and place in the fridge for 2-3 hours.
Before starting to cook the chicken make the cilantro lime butter so that it is ready when you need it. In a small bowl, mix together softened butter, minced cilantro, lime juice, minced garlic, minced onion, and black pepper. Set aside for now.
Remove the marinating chicken from the fridge and leave at room temperature while warming the grill or your cast iron grill pan to medium heat. Use a brush to grease the grill gates or pan.
Cook chicken breasts over medium heat for 12-16 minutes, turning halfway through, or until it reaches an internal temperature of 165˚F.
During the last minute or two of cooking, top the chicken breasts with some of the cilantro lime butter.
What should I serve with cilantro lime chicken?
Cilantro lime chicken can be served with potatoes, coconut rice, or pasta. It would be delicious on top of fettuccine alfredo or even cauliflower rice. For sides, you could serve oven-roasted veggies, corn on the cob, or tomato cucumber salad.
This juicy, flavorful cilantro lime chicken can also be sliced to use in tacos and fajitas or on top of salads or nachos.
Want more chicken recipes? Try these next:
Grilled Jamaican Jerk Chicken topped with a fresh pepper salsa is bursting with flavor! Make it as a meal over rice or as an appetizer with fondue.
This Chipotle Chicken recipe is packed of flavor and perfect for tacos, burritos, and nachos. The easy marinade coats the chicken with delicious seasonings!
This Honey Garlic Chicken recipe is so easy to prepare and will be a family favorite! Made with chicken breasts and a four-ingredient honey garlic sauce. Add cut up broccoli, cauliflower, peppers, carrots, or peas for honey garlic chicken stir fry.
Skip the takeout and make easy Cashew Chicken at home! Served over rice or noodles, it’s a dinner recipe the whole family will love.
Cilantro Lime Chicken
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts
Cilantro Lime Marinade
- 1 cup full fat plain Greek yogurt
- ½ cup lime juice
- ⅓ cup minced cilantro
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon coarse ground black pepper
Cilantro Lime Butter
- ¼ cup softened butter
- 2 tablespoon minced cilantro
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- ½ teaspoon minced onion
- ¼ teaspoon coarse ground black pepper
- Whisk together the Greek yogurt, lime juice, minced cilantro, minced garlic, cumin, salt, and pepper.
- Coat on both sides of the boneless, skinless chicken breasts. Place in a rimmed dish, cover, and refrigerate for 2-3 hours.
- Preheat grill or cast-iron skillet grill to medium heat. Lightly grease the grill grates or the skillet.
- Cook the chicken breasts over medium heat for 12-16 minutes, turning halfway through cooking, or until it reaches an internal temperature of 165˚F.
- Top with the cilantro-lime butter during the last minute or two of cooking.
Leave a Reply