Microwave Cilantro Lime Cauliflower Rice Recipe is a healthy and low carb, easy side dish to serve for dinner. Try it with stir fry or kabobs!
I’m not sure where I’ve been but I just found out about cauliflower rice or rice cauliflower. It’s all over online and even Trader Joe’s is selling it. I’ve been trying to focus my eating on protein, fruit, and vegetables, so it was the perfect time for me to try making Cilantro Lime Cauliflower Rice.
Disclaimer: This post contains links to products for making this recipe. If you use those links, I may earn a commission. Learn more here.
Where is the Cilantro Lime Cauliflower Rice recipe? In this post, I will share step-by-step instructions with photos for how to make this easy meal, as well as answering FAQs about the recipe and sharing recipes to serve with it. But you can go directly to the recipe by scrolling down to the bottom of the post.
How To Make Cilantro Lime Cauliflower Rice
Step One: Cauliflower
Cut the stem off a head of cauliflower and break the rest into florets.
Place half of the florets in a food processor.
Step Two: Process
Process half of the florets in a food processor until it looks like grains of rice. Then, do the second half.
Or if you prefer, you can mince the cauliflower by hand but it will take much longer.
Step Three: Flavoring
Put the riced cauliflower into a microwave safe casserole dish and drizzle with a mixture of olive oil, water, lime juice, minced garlic, salt, and pepper. Stir to coat the cauliflower. Cover tightly with plastic wrap and microwave for 5-7 minutes.
Step Four: Cilantro
Stir in chopped cilantro. Taste the cilantro lime cauliflower rice and add butter, additional lime juice, salt, and pepper, if needed.
Cilantro Lime Cauliflower Rice FAQs
1. Is cauliflower rice good? Yes, it is good but I’m not going to tell you that it tastes just like rice because of course, it doesn’t. It tastes like cauliflower, but I love cauliflower and it adds texture, flavor, fiber, and vitamins.
2. Is cauliflower rice low carb and keto friendly? Yes, it is considered low carb and keto friendly with 5 grams of carbs and 2 grams of fiber in one cup.
3. Can I make cauliflower rice without a food processor? Yes, you can chop the cauliflower up into rice sized pieces using a cutting board and sharp knife. Or you can use a grater to grate the cauliflower into little bits.
4. Can I make cauliflower rice without a microwave? Yes, you can saute the cauliflower rice in a saute pan with a tablespoon of olive oil.
What To Serve With Cauliflower Rice
This Sweet and Spicy Hawaiian Grilled Kabobs recipe is easy to make with ham, pineapple, green peppers, and onions brushed with pineapple grilling sauce.
This Chicken Stir Fry Recipe quick, easy family dinner recipe is great for busy nights. You can substitute beef for the chicken and rice for the noodles.
Pork Fried Cauliflower Rice is an easy low carb meal that is chock full of veggies! It’s so tasty your family won’t even miss the rice.
This is an easy grilling recipe for Spicy Pineapple Chicken Kabobs. The chicken is marinated in a sweet pineapple marinade and the kabobs are brushed with a spicy pineapple sauce during grilling.
- Cut the stem off a head of cauliflower and break the rest into florets.
- Process half of the florets in a food processor until it looks like grains of rice. Then, do the second half.
- Put the riced cauliflower into a microwave safe casserole dish and drizzle with a mixture of olive oil, water, lime juice, minced garlic, salt and pepper. Stir to coat the cauliflower.
- Cover tightly with plastic wrap and microwave for 5-7 minutes.
- Stir in chopped cilantro.
- Taste the cilantro lime cauliflower rice and add butter, additional lime juice, salt and pepper, if needed.